Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Our players must be really good as we had a winning season because that play design is atrocious. Absolutely atrocious.
I think it's more a law of averages thing - if you run a play that is just a bunch of random "man beaters", you'll run into a certain percentage of man defense and a certain percentage of those routes will come good almost regardless of the players.

That said, I'm not sure if we've ever consistently run well design route concepts (except maybe in 2014 with Gary Kubiak) in the 12-ish years I've been following the team

I think it's more a law of averages thing - if you run a play that is just a bunch of random "man beaters", you'll run into a certain percentage of man defense and a certain percentage of those routes will come good almost regardless of the players.

That said, I'm not sure if we've ever consistently run well design route concepts (except maybe in 2014 with Gary Kubiak) in the 12-ish years I've been following the team

That Kubiak year was awesome. Loved the bootleg play actions. Was so sad when he got hired away.

That Kubiak year was awesome. Loved the bootleg play actions. Was so sad when he got hired away.

The Tampa Bay game was epic. Kubiak made being an OC look so easy. Was gutted when he left.

Our current situation is why I think all the Ravens fans hoping for a guy like Allen Robinson will pick us is just crazy talk.

The only way it'll ever happen is if we trade for someone or by some miracle we manage to draft a WR1.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. All the talk is about how great the Bills are but I'm quietly confident our defence will be the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tampa Bay game was epic. Kubiak made being an OC look so easy. Was gutted when he left.

Our current situation is why I think all the Ravens fans hoping for a guy like Allen Robinson will pick us is just crazy talk.

The only way it'll ever happen is if we trade for someone or by some miracle we manage to draft a WR1.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. All the talk is about how great the Bills are but I'm quietly confident our defence will be the difference.

I am quite nervous (but I am pessimistic by nature). Bills are very, very good this year. Allen is balling.

I'm hoping its a combination of culture, a recent history of winning, players seemingly really liking Lamar and us having more cap space than most will be enough to lure a WR1, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen

Adding Allen Robinson would only make Brown cry more about his target share and put more pressure on Lamar to do something he's not special at. Complete waste of money honestly.

I think there's more that needs to be fixed than JKD's catching

O-line got beat mots of the night (Mekari's snaps did not help the cause). The pick 6 was brutal, but there were so many other errors throughout.

D were good though.

If you had of told me we would keep the Bills to 17 points I would have thought we'd win the game. This offence needs to take the next step. We can beat up on weak teams but when the going gets tough we fail to fire a shot.

A new Centre has to be a priority but something needs to fundamentally change for us to progress further next season.

Adding Allen Robinson would only make Brown cry more about his target share and put more pressure on Lamar to do something he's not special at. Complete waste of money honestly.

But at least he would be a WR target for Jackson. Feel for both him and the fans. Not much there at all - wasting his talent and that of the defense.

If you had of told me we would keep the Bills to 17 points I would have thought we'd win the game. This offence needs to take the next step. We can beat up on weak teams but when the going gets tough we fail to fire a shot.

A new Centre has to be a priority but something needs to fundamentally change for us to progress further next season.

C & WR1.
Nothing else needed, except keeping a push rusher.

But at least he would be a WR target for Jackson. Feel for both him and the fans. Not much there at all - wasting his talent and that of the defense.

This isnt a Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs thing mate where all of sudden a WR1 magically makes him a competent passer, completely different qbs.

Also, surely ARob has had enough of QBs with throwing question marks?

Step 1. Get a new offensive coordinator who can orchestrate plays to get WRs the ball with Lamar before you worry about splashing cash around in free agency to WR1s.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back