Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess I'm kinda confident that DeCosta will be able to identify the problem and fix it the same way he did after the loss to the Titans last year.

Calais and Wolfe were awesome recruits so I hope Eric can put something together again this time by beefing up the OL and WR corps.

Trying to get a deal done for Hopkins has to at least show intent right?

I guess I'm kinda confident that DeCosta will be able to identify the problem and fix it the same way he did after the loss to the Titans last year.

Calais and Wolfe were awesome recruits so I hope Eric can put something together again this time by beefing up the OL and WR corps.

Trying to get a deal done for Hopkins has to at least show intent right?

Hopkins? 😯

Lamar not seeing receivers:

It’s a big worry and I am not even sure I understand the play calls at all. The last one on the video, one of the 3 WR who went deep could have stopped and been completely uncovered due to the blitzing CB.
Anyway, season over & a coaching overhaul is needed.

Ravens waived RB Mark Ingram.
The abrupt ending to Ingram's Ravens tenure comes two seasons into his three-year deal. It is a highly unusual time of year for a team to release a veteran like Ingram. Even though he is subject to waivers, Ingram apparently cannot be claimed until after the Super Bowl. No one is going to pick him up at his scheduled $5 million salary. The move creates $5 million in 2021 salary cap space as the Ravens try to get ahead of what is going to be a reduced salary cap following this season's revenue shortfalls due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 31-year-old Ingram was a healthy scratch four of the Ravens' final five games, averaging a modest 4.2 yards per carry in the Ravens' road-paving rushing attack. Ingram probably still has some juice left in the tank, but J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards both offer more between the tackles at this stage of their careers.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN
Jan 19, 2021, 4:01 PM ET

Ravens hired Rob Ryan as ILB coach.
Ryan spent last year out of the league after coaching Washington's linebackers in 2019. He'll resurface with the Ravens, where his brother spent a decade as the defensive coordinator in the early 2000s. Baltimore also hired ex-Texans DC Anthony Weaver as its defensive line coach.
Jan 22, 2021, 12:16 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ravens hired Anthony Weaver as defensive line coach.
Weaver will also serve as the Ravens' defensive run-game coordinator. It's a step back for Weaver, who's coming off a rough year as a first-time defensive coordinator. The Texans ranked 30th in total defense and last in turnovers and yards per attempt under Weaver this past season. Weaver, who played for the Ravens from 2002-2005, replaces Joe Cullen after he was hired to coordinate Urban Meyer's defense in Jacksonville.
RELATED:
Jan 22, 2021, 11:31 AM ET

Ravens hired Anthony Weaver as defensive line coach.
Weaver will also serve as the Ravens' defensive run-game coordinator. It's a step back for Weaver, who's coming off a rough year as a first-time defensive coordinator. The Texans ranked 30th in total defense and last in turnovers and yards per attempt under Weaver this past season. Weaver, who played for the Ravens from 2002-2005, replaces Joe Cullen after he was hired to coordinate Urban Meyer's defense in Jacksonville.
RELATED:
Jan 22, 2021, 11:31 AM ET

I would certainly prefer a D-Line coach to be in charge of the pass rush.... but then that wouldn’t be the Ravens way.

Not sure we've ever seen Eric do something like this. Hard to know how to read it.... Does this mean we're no chance of drafting these guys? Or is it the opposite?

IDK but Toney and Wallace are 2 prospects that have been talked about a fair bit on the Ravens board on Footballs Future as potentially good fits so it's not like other NFL teams wouldn't be aware that they are the sorts of guys that we'd be looking at.

Surat was one of the standouts on Day 1 of Senior Bowl practice so highlighting him isn't all that meaningful imo

I'm not sure that mentioning these names with some super basic "GM speak" traits is really tipping your hand one way or another. I think it's more about allaying the fears of the segment of Ravens fans out there that have interpreted the comments by Harbaugh and him re: the offense as complacency and/or being happy with the WRs we have now

How do we get this bounty?
New rule intended to improve the pipeline of minority candidates for HC and GM.

A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager (assuming they had been with the team for at least 2 years) will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes the Ravens may have to trade OT Orlando Brown because he wants to play left tackle.
Brown tweeted that he's "a LEFT tackle" but the Ravens already have Ronnie Staley signed at left tackle. Brown would continue being a right tackle once Staley returns from his leg injury in 2021. Perhaps Brown is moved, but it's rare that young offensive tackles are on the market. Brown will have to force his way out for a trade to happen. The Ravens obviously want him around to protect Lamar Jackson and spark their league-best run game.
SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Jan 29, 2021, 6:36 PM ET

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes the Ravens may have to trade OT Orlando Brown because he wants to play left tackle.
Brown tweeted that he's "a LEFT tackle" but the Ravens already have Ronnie Staley signed at left tackle. Brown would continue being a right tackle once Staley returns from his leg injury in 2021. Perhaps Brown is moved, but it's rare that young offensive tackles are on the market. Brown will have to force his way out for a trade to happen. The Ravens obviously want him around to protect Lamar Jackson and spark their league-best run game.
SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Jan 29, 2021, 6:36 PM ET

That's disappointing. Left tackles make more money right? That the reason why he wants to move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back