Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends. The 4 highest yearly cap hits for OTs are LTs (Bakh, Tunsil, Stanley, Bolles), but after that its a mix of RTs and LTs
IIRC those guys all re-signed in the last 12 months or so as well, and before that the market setters were RTs (Johnson and Brown) though that was a bit of a coincidence than anything.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Yep, Tunsil signed last off-season and the other three were done during the 2020 season. I'm sure there are still some GMs out there that would favour paying LTs over RTs, but there are others that would pay a good OT regardless of which side they play on.

Probably factors into it, as well as being more comfortable on the LEFT
I know GG's half joking with this considering he typed 'left' out in all caps, but there is possibly something to it given he played LT at Oklahoma (and probably in HS too).

But if he's intent on playing LT, then Peaches La Canfora is right - he'll be traded to some LT needy team (maybe the Chargers or Cards?) because there's no way to move Stanley that makes financial sense

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Orlando confirming that he really wants to play LT (even if his stated reason is illogical)

LT is the hardest and most prestigious OLine position. Why not want to play the number 1 position IF you can?

I can’t begrudge him that.... BUT he can stay for another year OR have another team pay overs to get him.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. No certainty being a LT makes him more valuable. I can't imagine a team signing him to elite LT money before having a look at him first.

Maybe some desperate team does tho.

His value should soley be based on how good of a RT he is tho right now, coz if it goes **** up with him as a LT that's what he will be for the remainder of his career.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. No certainty being a LT makes him more valuable. I can't imagine a team signing him to elite LT money before having a look at him first.

Maybe some desperate team does tho.

His value should soley be based on how good of a RT he is tho right now, coz if it goes **** up with him as a LT that's what he will be for the remainder of his career.
He played well at LT for 13 weeks already...

Out of interest what did he grade as?

And comparing that to what he did as a RT?

Panfers would be interested in a LT I'd think assuming we draft a QB this year.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Out of interest what did he grade as?

And comparing that to what he did as a RT?

Panfers would be interested in a LT I'd think assuming we draft a QB this year.
1st PIT game is the one where Stanley broke his ankle - OB Jr played LT from then on

2020-Brown-T-1.png

Two of those down weeks in the second half of the year have some reasoning behind it - the NE game was played in torrential rain, while the 2nd Cleveland game he was obviously matched up against Myles Garrett for much of the game

1st PIT game is the one where Stanley broke his ankle - OB Jr played LT from then on

2020-Brown-T-1.png

Two of those down weeks in the second half of the year have some reasoning behind it - the NE game was played in torrential rain, while the 2nd Cleveland game he was obviously matched up against Myles Garrett for much of the game

Any break downs of pass vs run?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ravens OT Orlando Brown has requested a trade.
This builds off reports last month that Brown only wants to play left tackle. That's unlikely to happen in Baltimore with Ronnie Stanley (ankle) expected back by training camp. It's hard to see the Ravens moving on from Brown with upgrading their line a top priority this offseason. Brown is entering the final year of his rookie contract. The Ravens hold all the leverage.
SOURCE: NFL Network
Feb 10, 2021, 11:20 AM ET

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What do we think OBJ is worth?

Ravens will want at least a first and third, which would allow a replacement and another asset to use in the third rounds.
But will the market pay that much trade currency. Certainly there is cap space for him to get a big deal.

What do we think OBJ is worth?

Ravens will want at least a first and third, which would allow a replacement and another asset to use in the third rounds.
But will the market pay that much trade currency. Certainly there is cap space for him to get a big deal.
Obviously it won't be Tunsil, but you'd expect at least half that.

Wonder if the Ravens will accept a ready made RT as part of a package?

I really hope the Panthers are into him. Since Jordan Gross retired we've had makeshift players at best playing LT.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wonder if the Ravens will accept a ready made RT as part of a package?

I really hope the Panthers are into him. Since Jordan Gross retired we've had makeshift players at best playing LT.

I think it will depend on cap cost and also what other assets are involved.

Panthers would be a good destination for Brown. I don’t like his blocking on extended pass plays but apart from that he made a ProBowl as a LT for a reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back