Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

The fact hes been on 4 teams now within the space of 1.5 years at 24 years old is pretty damning Imo. Seems teams in the know don't believe he's the player that the public perception is.

Why does it feel like we're just going to be making the same mistake again by crossing our fingers and hoping for improvement in the guys we already have and praying rookies will impact and take us to the next level.

We cannot develop WRs. Lamar needs WR help. Sign a bloody good one!

Once we extend Lamar we are going to have even less money than we do now.

So frustrating seeing teams like the Bills and Cards prioritise supporting their QB while we just always plan to pick over the leftovers.

Why does it feel like we're just going to be making the same mistake again by crossing our fingers and hoping for improvement in the guys we already have and praying rookies will impact and take us to the next level.

We cannot develop WRs. Lamar needs WR help. Sign a bloody good one!

Once we extend Lamar we are going to have even less money than we do now.

So frustrating seeing teams like the Bills and Cards prioritise supporting their QB while we just always plan to pick over the leftovers.

All the good ones are still out there, don't tie the noose just yet Toady! 💔

I wouldn't be expecting much more from the Ravens in FA based on Brian McFarland's estimates of our cap space

Weren't we middle of the road cap space wise compared to all teams like a week ago?

How does this happen after we've let Yannick, Judon, Ward, Fort etc walk?

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Weren't we middle of the road cap space wise compared to all teams like a week ago?

How does this happen after we've let Yannick, Judon, Ward, Fort etc walk?
Because those tables of cap space don't take into account all the things in the "Projected Future Expenses" category of the spreadsheet shown -i.e. paying draft picks/practice squad, leaving a buffer so that you can make in-season signings to cover inevitable injuries etc.

We only had ~$23m in total cap space before FA started and we've spent about $10m of that (between Zeitler, Bowser, Wolfe and Board), and apparently would need another $13m of the stuff I've listed above

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wouldn't be expecting much more from the Ravens in FA based on Brian McFarland's estimates of our cap space

I like others didn’t realise that we were already finished our signings.... I was hoping that this was finally and I mean FINALLY be the year we sign a Big time WR....

Perhaps I will have to wait for “no risk” Harbaugh to be moved on before that happens. But then again, EDC appears to accept the negligence of the WR position as being the norm.... So, it might be another 20 years until EDC leaves and the new list manager might consider signing a big time WR.

I like others didn’t realise that we were already finished our signings.... I was hoping that this was finally and I mean FINALLY be the year we sign a Big time WR....

Perhaps I will have to wait for “no risk” Harbaugh to be moved on before that happens. But then again, EDC appears to accept the negligence of the WR position as being the norm.... So, it might be another 20 years until EDC leaves and the new list manager might consider signing a big time WR.
Turns out we weren't/aren't but JuJu knocked back a better offer from us to stay with the Steelers - so we're in the market and competitively.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Turns out we weren't/aren't but JuJu knocked back a better offer from us to stay with the Steelers - so we're in the market and competitively.

To say “I am shocked” is quite an understatement.
Juju would have been great. Galloday, I think isn’t worth the Juju deal for us.... although he would certainly make a passing attack better.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It was barely a better offer imo

$1m extra isn't a whole lot to change systems, especially when its just a one year deal and he's obviously hoping to put up big numbers to take advantage of a better cap situation next year

$1m extra isn't a whole lot to change systems, especially when its just a one year deal and he's obviously hoping to put up big numbers to take advantage of a better cap situation next year

Oh I completely understood why he'd stay with Pittsburgh for literally the same reasons you mentioned (familiarity, probably higher total targets, therefore more likely to put up better numbers and better pay next year), but it is also unarguably a better offer.

As we've been discussing I had also assumed both that we were done in FA and that we'd punted on WRs. Looks like we're still out there hustling and seriously, instead of just putting out token offers so they could say they were in the market and cover their arse.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I thought it was $9+3 in incentives.... we should have upped our offer by another $2M.

So looks like we were just used as leverage for Golladay with the Giants.

Sigh.

Maybe we sign Watkins and draft Bateman if he lasts? Not sure I can see it happening with our holes at OLB.

I predict our next signing will be a safety.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So looks like we were just used as leverage for Golladay with the Giants.

Sigh.

Maybe we sign Watkins and draft Bateman if he lasts? Not sure I can see it happening with our holes at OLB.

I predict our next signing will be a safety.
Wouldnt say using just for leverage. He tested the market, not just money, but scheme fit, QB, type of offense, will he get the ball much at Ravens, will he see many targets at Bengals given plethora of targets, etc etc, chose Giants as a better fit

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
We have $18.5M at the moment. ~$6M for rookies, so $12.5 left.... I think we can sign Watkins and someone inside that amount.
Most teams leave $5m+ for in-season injury replacements, plus the amount to pay the Practice Squad. So its more like $6-7m

And then there's the fact that a potential grievance from Earl Thomas still exists after we took back some of his signing bonus after we cut him last year

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Most teams leave $5m+ for in-season injury replacements, plus the amount to pay the Practice Squad. So its more like $6-7m

And then there's the fact that a potential grievance from Earl Thomas still exists after we took back some of his signing bonus after we cut him last year

Perhaps we can only sign Watkins.... I am still hesitant to do it, as KC have the cash but chased Juju instead. They would know his medical condition better than any else would.

In hindsight we should have been more aggressive going after Corey Davis who looks like great value for the Jets.

This situation is getting embarrassing, I'd rather trade for someone or just head to the draft than be seen clamouring over the FA WR dregs.

Back