Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty comfortable with the trade. Very decent return for someone we wouldn't franchise tag. I don't believe the narrative about "if we didn't trade him he'd be disgruntled" - Brown seems a very professional player to develop to where he got to, but getting a first round pick plus a variety of pick downgrades is pretty good compared to what we'd be getting next year.

I feel pretty meh about this trade

I don't like strengthening the obvious flaw of a team that we would almost certainly have to beat to get to the SB, and I think we only got okay value in terms of draft picks
2 picks in the 1st definitely gives us some flexibility in our options. It will be interesting what our approach will be on the day. Will we go BPA, trade back? Trading up seems really unlikely with our history.
Given EDCs philosophy is effectively "more draft picks = more shots at the dart board", I'll be surprised if one of those 1sts isn't used to trade back

I feel pretty meh about this trade

I don't like strengthening the obvious flaw of a team that we would almost certainly have to beat to get to the SB, and I think we only got okay value in terms of draft picks

Given EDCs philosophy is effectively "more draft picks = more shots at the dart board", I'll be surprised if one of those 1sts isn't used to trade back

Could we somehow trade out both first round picks and not pick in the first round? That would certainly fit EDC’s philosophy.

Last edited:
Ravens to let Jackson walk in FA??

It would be the biggest zig to everyone else’s zag.

Could you trade Lamar, instead of letting him walk in FA? Might get a decent return from a very needy team.

Makes more sense to trade but youd have to do it end of the season, fifth year option taken

IF they were to do this:

Tell Lamar that you love him but are not sure what his market value is....
Allow his agent to explore trade options....
Then decide IF you are willing to pay Market OR to trade him.

That might be an option that they could explore (even IF they decided prior to do the trade and just not tell Lamar).

Ravens to let Jackson walk in FA??

1) Its the NY Post
2) I'm assuming its just regurgitating Buck Brooks' hot take from the weekend that was almost surely put out there as clickbait only
3) Trading up to get a QB when you already have a former MVP, who has thrown the 5th most TDs in the league over the last 2 seasons, is just stupid

1) Its the NY Post
2) I'm assuming its just regurgitating Buck Brooks' hot take from the weekend that was almost surely put out there as clickbait only
3) Trading up to get a QB when you already have a former MVP, who has thrown the 5th most TDs in the league over the last 2 seasons, is just stupid

I understand the idea behind Bucky's hot take. That teams should be careful about overpaying QBs, especially when they are system QBs. However, I don't think Lamar falls into this category. I do think a number of other QBs do though tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pipe dream - DeVonta Smith WR
Unlikely, but you never know - Alijah Vera Tucker, OG/T
Who knows - Jaelan Phillips EDGE (top 10 talent but with massive question marks around his health due to concussions)

Players I'd be happy with:
Kwity Paye EDGE
Tevin Jenkins RT
Trevon Moehrig FS
Azeez Olujari EDGE (although I worry about how he'd be used - his most common comp is Ngakoue, and we saw how that worked in our defense last year)

Players I'm sure most Ravens fans would want, but I'm less sure on (especially in the 1st round)
Rashod Bateman WR
Terrace Marshall Jr WR

Players I'd like if we trade back into the early second:
Landon Dickerson C (great talent and personality with leadership+, but with injury issues - has had 2 ACL tears and multiple ankle injuries)
Creed Humphrey C
Richie Grant FS

Personally, I'd love it if we could find a way to trade on of those 1st and maybe a 4th or 5th to get a mid 2nd and mid 3rd, as I see the value as being in that mid-2nd region.

IMO the guys that are going to go picks 20-45 are all on a similar tier of prospect - so much so that I almost always trade down with at least one, if not both 1sts, when I play around with mock draft machines that allow it

Thanks drd23 appreciate it. Trading down is a very ravens thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised id we take BPA with one of the 1st round picks and trade the other. Would love to address OLB with a first round pick and OL/WR with 2nd/3rd rounders (unless Devonta Smith is available, one of the names I know haha).

I think we currently have three 3rd round picks. We tend to find good value there.

Ravens HC Jim Harbaugh guaranteed that the Ravens will exercise the fifth-year option on Lamar Jackson's contract.
This should come as no surprise. Despite his passing numbers regressing in 2020, Jackson was still wildly effective at scoring through the air. He found the end zone on 6.9-percent of his attempts last year after scoring at a nine-percent rate in 2019. Jackson is also one of the best running quarterbacks in the history of the league after just two seasons as a starter. He broke the quarterback rushing record with 1,206 yards in 2019 and posted his second 1,000-yard season last year. Jackson will have his fifth-year option picked up soon and then it's on to extension negotiations for the former MVP. Jackson's contract will likely be the second-largest in the league, only failing to surpass the mega-deal Kansas City gave Patrick Mahomes.
SOURCE: The Rich Eisen Show
Apr 27, 2021, 6:00 PM ET

Last edited:
drd23 thoughts on Bateman?
IDK how to feel about the pick. He should be what the Ravens need at WR, but the Ravens also suck at evaluating and developing WRs so who knows how it'll turn out
He's got decent size and route running ability and good hands. He's a true X-receiver, and therefore the sort of guy the Ravens need at RW, but as I said in the main draft, I don't trust the Ravens' ability to evaluate or develop WRs (though they have brought in two coaches that should be better than we've had before).

I also don't really trust my own ability to evaluate WRs (if who I tend to draft in dynasty fantasy football drafts is anything to go by) so who knows how this'll turn out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back