Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
You'll probably hear/read a lot about how he had zero sacks in 2020 (and that is certainly a concern of mine), but that is not to say that he wasn't productive - he had something like 30 pressures in the 8 games PSU played last year. He also massively improved as a run stopper in 2020, recording 21 run stops in 171 run defense snaps in 2020, which is good in stops/run snap.

The other thing to factor in is that he hasn't been playing football for long - he started playing when he was 16/17 (he played basketball until then) so has multiple years less development than your typical prospect.

Combine his elite athleticism with some good coaching and he could be a pass rushing stud. Or he might not develop and he'll just be an athlete playing football

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Even with the 0 sack total PFF still liked the pick.

He creates pressure. Lots of pressure. It doesn’t always get home in time.
Watching video of him lots of his best work was done against quick throws, where he had little chance to get there. I like that he is a quick twitch athlete and his presence should add a timing clock into a QBs head. Hold it for too long and Oweh will get you.

I really hope he will be more productive at NFL level. Otherwise, we could have gone RT at that pick.

He creates pressure. Lots of pressure. It doesn’t always get home in time.
Watching video of him lots of his best work was done against quick throws, where he had little chance to get there. I like that he is a quick twitch athlete and his presence should add a timing clock into a QBs head. Hold it for too long and Oweh will get you.

I really hope he will be more productive at NFL level. Otherwise, we could have gone RT at that pick.

Yeah I thought they were going to go Moehrig at FS. I just hope Oweh doesn't take 4 years to show something , then we end up in a bind with the 5th year option and he ends up playing his best football with another team...

Wallace definitely looks exciting.

I saw somewhere that Harbaugh said our new WR coaches have given us a different perspective on how we evaluate the position so hopefully that has a positive effect.

Edit - it was actually EDC

Gotta love the Stefon Diggs comp too.

Last edited:
Back