Bancroft given a 0 match suspension for blatant ball tampering - LOL

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Personally I don't even have a problem with ball tampering & if in charge would loosen the laws surrounding it. Matches where the bowlers are on top are always better for entertainment.

Who cares honestly, lets just be thankful it's in the off season where no one gives two hoots as the football codes take priority. The thing is over, it was done a year ago, why Bancroft feels the need to bring up old things who honestly knows, trying to stay relevant I guess considering he's no chance of national honours anyway.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Who cares honestly, lets just be thankful it's in the off season where no one gives two hoots as the football codes take priority. The thing is over, it was done a year ago, why Bancroft feels the need to bring up old things who honestly knows, trying to stay relevant I guess considering he's no chance of national honours anyway.

Why would anyone think that this will keep them relevant?

Why would anyone think that this will keep them relevant?

It’s Bancroft who honestly knows. Over him and the team is too. Won’t ever play a game for Australia again good riddance

He did an interview, didn't want to answer the question but is too stupid to avoid it properly. Nothing more, nothing less.

Got half of that right with the stupidity. Good riddance he won’t be picked again.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Well Australia's reputation is that we are supposed to be the good guys that play fair and never resort to cheating to gain advantage. So what if other countries do it ? Why do we have to lower ourselves to that level ?

The Australian cricketers are a bunch of tosspots that ruined the reputation of the country they represent purely for the selfishness of needing to win.

If it ever comes out that Cadel Evans doped that would be the sadest day ever.
Surely not, that would be up there with 'you didn't put Bambi between two slices of bread and say you enjoyed eating venison '

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

He probably answered questions about it because CA left him to dry without doing a proper investigation and his career and reputation are irreparably ruined from it, which must haunt him every day.

Even walking to the shops people would look at him differently, probably gets a lot of people yelling cheater at him ect while he knows other guilty parties and making 2 million dollars to play in a 2 week T20 tournament

He probably answered questions about it because CA left him to dry without doing a proper investigation and his career and reputation are irreparably ruined from it, which must haunt him every day.

Even walking to the shops people would look at him differently, probably gets a lot of people yelling cheater at him ect while he knows other guilty parties and making 2 million dollars to play in a 2 week T20 tournament

Poor didums as far as I’m concerned. Could have just not done it. It’s over just let everyone forget about it

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I still don't get what people like lemon actually want done?

There is no evidence against the bowlers outside the vibe you get, they denied it and nobody found guilty has said yes they were in on the planning so what exactly could CA actually do?

Like i said earlier dale steyn philander and morkel would be as guilty as a our bowlers wouldn't they? and nobody called their reputations into question or expected them banned for fafs actions but if all ball tampering is logically a team effort why arent people calling for their part in fafs cheating to be uncovered or fully fleshed put? why now for the first time ever do we need to punish every player in the side when thats never been the case for any other ball tampering?

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Could be somewhat useful as a stopgap for when the next group of openers emerges. He'd have to do a bit better than his first stint though
And hope the selectors didn't notice how utterly awful he looked for Somerset and in the A tour matches when everyone was busy watching footy

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Not sure any of them will have success but of bancroft harris and renshaw i think renshaw is most likely to make it long term in test cricket, still bancroft or renshaw over harris thats for sure harris is 31 years old and been a dud at test level even batting mostly at home and is worst fielder i have see in long long time at least bancroft can catch.

Back