bands u would die to see

Remove this Banner Ad

raticus

Debutant
Suspended
Aug 15, 2002
Had a discussion at work about what bands you would have headlining at your place if u could have anyone at all - dead or alive......it didnt take much for me to think of
the clash with the jam supporting.

now i would sell my grandmother for that one.

maybe its just me
:D

Or for an alternative line up.......

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Faith No More, Dream Theater, Ben Harper, Midnight Oil, Ministry, Pink Floyd, The Police, Joe Satriani & Kim Salmon & The Surrealists

and for a rock line up.......

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Queenryche, Blue Oyster Cult, The Cult, Beasts Of Bourbon, Rose Tattoo, Metallica (early), Led Zeppelin & AC/DC (Bon Scott lineup)

and for a softer casual line up

John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Harry Manx, Chris Wilson, Ozomatli, The Yardbirds, Cruel Sea, Paul Kelly & Ed Kuepper

apologies to many, many others I left off the list............:D

• Banned
well that made my list seem tiny

- never saw the ramones - always wanted to. Luv the saints early stuff . Know ya product is a classic.

Others i cpould add to my list are

The Who
Sublime
anti nowhere league

and many more

NIRVANA headlining, with NIRVANA as back up, wouldnt be able to get enuff of them

I would have also liked to have seen 'The Verve' (with Nick McCabe on guitar), at their peak.

I am still hanging out to see R.E.M. as well. They were probably at peak around the mid-90's, but I reckon they could still mix it up well with their rockier pop tunes as well as their more subtle stuff of recent years.

If R.E.M. toured, I would be happy to go and see them as many nights as they played.

I'm also fairly keen to see Zwan, as I reckon they'd make a good live outfit, and I am keen to see Augie March again sometime soon (although, I've seen them heaps).

I would kill to see Ozzy. If he comes here i will sleep out for tickets to get up the front and am gonna go in just a bra which i will write Ozzys name on and sit up on Darky's shoulders to get on tv like in all the Ozzy videos we've watched :D

Somehow especially after last weeks Osbournes i got a feeling he won't be making it here though :( he looks like he's gonna die very soon :(

Would kill to see Nirvana as well, probably more so than Ozzy by just a fraction!

This is a bit weird but i wouldn't mind going to a Spice Girls concert. I dunno why but ive just seen them on V and they do spectacular shows!

MANOWAR!!! Other bands play, MANOWAR kill.

Uli Jon Roth/Michael Schenker/Ritchie Blackmore doing a G3 guitar show, and a reformed Rainbow (with Ronnie James Dio on vocals) as support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, i'd love to see weezer too!

blur.... (mid 90's)
beck... (he's back again, hordern pavillion)
violent femmes... (they're coming too!)
the eels
pulp

Originally posted by dreamkillers
Or for an alternative line up.......

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Faith No More, Dream Theater, Ben Harper, Midnight Oil, Ministry, Pink Floyd, The Police, Joe Satriani & Kim Salmon & The Surrealists

and for a rock line up.......

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Queenryche, Blue Oyster Cult, The Cult, Beasts Of Bourbon, Rose Tattoo, Metallica (early), Led Zeppelin & AC/DC (Bon Scott lineup)

and for a softer casual line up

John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Harry Manx, Chris Wilson, Ozomatli, The Yardbirds, Cruel Sea, Paul Kelly & Ed Kuepper

apologies to many, many others I left off the list............:D

Im comin' to your place, DK.

Can I bring a few friends that I've never seen live ?

The Pixies, Meat Puppets, Living Colour, Redd Kross, Frank Zappa, Sugar, Husker Du (hell, while we got Bob Mould there already!), The Stooges, Smoking Popes, The Posies, Dead Kennedys, Kyuss, and Clutch

As well as a few that I have seen live

Spinal Tap, Ween, Weezer, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, The Stranglers, The Sunnyboys, Nirvana, Rocket From The Crypt, Janes Addiction, Monster Magnet

Originally posted by GhostofJimJess
Im comin' to your place, DK.

Can I bring a few friends that I've never seen live ?

The Pixies, Meat Puppets, Living Colour, Redd Kross, Frank Zappa, Sugar, Husker Du (hell, while we got Bob Mould there already!), The Stooges, Smoking Popes, The Posies, Dead Kennedys, Kyuss, and Clutch

As well as a few that I have seen live

Spinal Tap, Ween, Weezer, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, The Stranglers, The Sunnyboys, Nirvana, Rocket From The Crypt, Janes Addiction, Monster Magnet

Sounds good to me..........I've been lucky enough to see more than half the bands on my lists live but would have loved to have seen a few of them in their prime.........

Would loved to have seen Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Ozzy Osborne when Rhandy Rhodes was his lead guitarist.
Neil Young after he put out Ragged Glory.
AC/DC with Bon Scott .
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Bob Dylan in 1966
Van Morrison after his first couple of solo albums.
Pink Floyd with Roger Waters in early 80's.
Pink floyd in 1972.
Metalica 10 years ago. (Would love to see that show again)
The Verve
John Lee Hooker with Ry Cooder on slide guitar.
Joan Baez
Black Sabbath Paranoid Tour
REM
Creed

Someone at tertiary said he has seen Radiohead live. I almost convulsed. There are bands I love more, and I don't think anything could beat Pearl Jam. But I'd kill to see Thom and the lads in action.

The Hitman

i am ashamed of myself!!

how could i forget nirvana??????????

MY fave band ATM is goldfinger - saw them with the pistils in 95 i think and they didnt come to aDELAIDE last years GRRRRRRRR

Joy Division, The Jam, ThinWhiteRope, ELO :eek: (saw em as a kid and loved it) BeachBoys circa 66, Beatles (ha), Small Faces, ELVIS, Little Richard, Queensryche if they did 'Operation Mindcrime' (and Anthony Valentine as Dr.X), Kate Bush (ggggrrrrooowwwlllll) the Kinks, Undertones, Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division (id see em at least twice)! Gerry and the Pacemakers, Jimi Hendrix experience, Janis J, Mamas and Papas (just to hear Mama Cass and Papa Denny), Gary Numan, Velvet Underground (Nico is optional). Ben E King and the Drifters, Martha and the Vandellas, the original Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Sly and the family Stone, the Dingo's, J'OK, Stevie Wright in his prime, Stevie Wonder in his prime, Van Morrison on a day when he is looking at the audience...

To many more.

Oh yeah, I'd love to see Skid Row, Megadeth and Soundgarden again, and of course Kyuss (never got to see them). It's be fan-fecking-tastic to see Helloween and Iron Maiden too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back