Prediction Banfield... the new creepy

Remove this Banner Ad

If any team had a tagger who could negate Fyfe surely they would do it. GCSs will be more ready for the tag next time given Hall has been shown to be vulnerable. Dew also had no effective coaching solution, although did try Hall forward.

It's incredible the amount of attention the opposition gives him off the ball. He's obviously both doing a very good job limiting his opponent, but must be very frustrating on the field. Won't be long til he's getting the same attention and reputation as a Crowley/Ballantyne. Be interesting to see how the media looks at it...

He is playing very very well for a 3rd gamer. And it's a stretch to call him mature age. He's only 1 year older than most of his draft class.

I hope he’s not the next Creepy. Such a waste to be pigeonholed as a negating tagger.

I think he’s more capable than that. I would like to see him freed up and kicking goals like in the preseason.

I don’t think Hall is the Suns best mid, I think Ross just thought it was worthwhile shutting him down as he gives them a lot of run and carry. He handled it terribly did Hall.

Last week against Merrett worked ok but in Rd 1 I don’t think he had anyone, he was more the pressure forward.

This week I’m not sure - Kelly & Shiel are elite and both have a great inside/outside game whereas Hall is more outside. I’d look at Whitfield first to stop their rebound.

Every club has run with options, Richmond sent Graham to Sloane in the GF after qtr time. Scott Selwood does jobs for Geelong, Ling & Kane Cornes were great at it.

Back to f$@!ing tagging!!! Basically an admittion our best 22 isn’t good enough to beat your best 22 so we’ll try reduce it to 21vs 21.

Taggers don’t bother the best teams cos their 21 will still beat your 21 no matter who you tag.

Such a negative mentality and the No#1 reason I believe Ross won’t win a flag.

If we hadn’t tried to turn Menagola into a tagger we could have developed another top line midfielder who could of helped us win games.

Now 3 games into his career and Banfield will only ever be a tagger under Ross. What a waste.

End rant!!! Grrr!!!
Yeah what was the take on Collingwood not tagging Mitchell Round 1
And Fyfes heavy tag in round 1 , I suggest you go out and earn a career in afl coaching & then you can enamour us with your philosophies . You seem too have quite a brilliant mind

Will be interesting to see who Banfield lines up on against the Giants...

If its another tagging gig Coniglio could be another possibility. Reckon he's been their best mid from the first 3 games. Kelly has had a slowish start for someone touted as a Brownlow fav but like Shiel can be damaging when on song.

Irrespective lets see if Banfield gets the kudos for his efforts the last 2 rounds

One of the most powerful things is reputation.

If Banfield plays that very hard working role and keeps his man out of the game, while getting involved himself, it will follow him. That moment when he stands next to his opponent and the camera close up shows their shoulders drop, win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s tough is Bailey and very strong. Also surprisingly fast and agile. Also knows how to find the footy. Crowley was a great clubman but feel Bailey will have a few more strings to his bow.

What was impressive yesterday is that he was prepared to leave Hall at the right time and impact the contest. He wasn’t completely fixated on his opponent like some other taggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea who Banfield will tag but don't think it will be Coniglio. I think Coniglio and Fyfe will go head to head, it will be epic with both in great form. Lyon's record and his words show he likes to tag the one that "gets on the end of the chain" It's why he was tagging Stephen Hill before anyone else cottoned on to it when Hilly was a first year player
I really don't get why anyone would think having a tagger is a bad idea, if you have a guy that can do it well like Banfield, deploy him

Back to f$@!ing tagging!!! Basically an admittion our best 22 isn’t good enough to beat your best 22 so we’ll try reduce it to 21vs 21.

Taggers don’t bother the best teams cos their 21 will still beat your 21 no matter who you tag.

If we hadn’t tried to turn Menagola into a tagger we could have developed another top line midfielder who could of helped us win games.

Now 3 games into his career and Banfield will only ever be a tagger under Ross. What a waste.

End rant!!! Grrr!!!
Or if someone ‘rated’ as being in the bottom four players of your 22 can nullify a player ‘rated’ in the top five of the opposition team, in what world isn’t that a good thing? Banfield makes the job easier for the other midfielders to win he clearances and get first use, which is a huge part of our game plan.

End rant!!! Grrr!!!
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-melt-thread.1127132/page-205

End rant!!! Grrr!!!

Ah no it's not an admission of anything of the sort. Literally zero logic to anything in this post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back