Prediction Banfield... the new creepy

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're serious about turning Banfeld into a tagger we should hire Ryan Crowley as a part-time tagging coach.
I had actually though Crowley could move into a coaching role, and always good to have ex players around the club. Really hoping Barlow finds his way back.

If we're serious about turning Banfeld into a tagger we should hire Ryan Crowley as a part-time tagging coach.
Have you seen him lately? Gives Benny Cousins a run for his money in the partying department. Saw him coming off a three day bender at Il Lido a couple weeks ago. Since his divorce he’s been out of control.

If any team had a tagger who could negate Fyfe surely they would do it. GCSs will be more ready for the tag next time given Hall has been shown to be vulnerable. Dew also had no effective coaching solution, although did try Hall forward.
Dew put #11 on to tag Banfield after half time. Tagging the tagger lol.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Targeted him but didn't tag him, right?
the commentators called it a tag. basically played a defensive forward on him all game who shut him out of the game. Whitfields bounce off half back has been huge prior to this week.
Nice thing about having Wilson, Ryan and Hill down there for us. Can't sacrifice half your forwards to tag them all, and if you did Blakely would kill you mopping up.

Back to f$@!ing tagging!!! Basically an admittion our best 22 isn’t good enough to beat your best 22 so we’ll try reduce it to 21vs 21.

Taggers don’t bother the best teams cos their 21 will still beat your 21 no matter who you tag.

Such a negative mentality and the No#1 reason I believe Ross won’t win a flag.

If we hadn’t tried to turn Menagola into a tagger we could have developed another top line midfielder who could of helped us win games.

Now 3 games into his career and Banfield will only ever be a tagger under Ross. What a waste.

End rant!!! Grrr!!!
Haha, dumb post. Taggers are very useful and it's the way you win finals at any rate.

Have you seen him lately? Gives Benny Cousins a run for his money in the partying department. Saw him coming off a three day bender at Il Lido a couple weeks ago. Since his divorce he’s been out of control.
Pretty sure they were just engaged.

Back to f$@!ing tagging!!! Basically an admittion our best 22 isn’t good enough to beat your best 22 so we’ll try reduce it to 21vs 21.

Taggers don’t bother the best teams cos their 21 will still beat your 21 no matter who you tag.

Such a negative mentality and the No#1 reason I believe Ross won’t win a flag.

If we hadn’t tried to turn Menagola into a tagger we could have developed another top line midfielder who could of helped us win games.

Now 3 games into his career and Banfield will only ever be a tagger under Ross. What a waste.

End rant!!! Grrr!!!

I like it, may as well get rid of defensive players altogether

Just get everyone to line up forward of center and have a shootout

I had actually though Crowley could move into a coaching role, and always good to have ex players around the club. Really hoping Barlow finds his way back.

He was involved with Anthony Morabito in a coaching role at Guildford Grammar last season so he may well have ambitions in regard to a future coaching role.

I really hope we are thoughtful in what we ask of Banfield. Creepy was quite unfairly demonised and I think that must have been hard for him to live with off the field. I also think it cost the team at times as the umps chose to assess him against a completely different set of criteria to other players.

I hope we focus on Banfield being very fair and attacking in his approach. He has been attacking so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we are thoughtful in what we ask of Banfield. Creepy was quite unfairly demonised and I think that must have been hard for him to live with off the field. I also think it cost the team at times as the umps chose to assess him against a completely different set of criteria to other players.

I hope we focus on Banfield being very fair and attacking in his approach. He has been attacking so far.
I do think anyone tagging needs close scrutiny, but Banfield looks pretty fair to me.

Don't think Creepy did much outside the spirit of the game to be honest.
Not saying Creepy was a dimwit, but Bailey is a very cluey and balanced young fella.
Plays with a lot of brains and and I don't expect him to do the hard tag every week.
I think he'll evolve into a different commodity to Crowls.
No danger of being demonised.
He is one helluva pickup.
Steal of the draft!
Did I read he was rated as slow pre-draft??
Looks pretty bloody rapid to me- has great anticipation and reading of the play too.

Don't think Creepy did much outside the spirit of the game to be honest.
Not saying Creepy was a dimwit, but Bailey is a very cluey and balanced young fella.
Plays with a lot of brains and and I don't expect him to do the hard tag every week.
I think he'll evolve into a different commodity to Crowls.
No danger of being demonised.
He is one helluva pickup.
Steal of the draft!
Did I read he was rated as slow pre-draft??
Looks pretty bloody rapid to me- has great anticipation and reading of the play too.
He is indeed the steal of the draft, and you don't send a slow player to tag Merritt or Hall, so that myth is busted.

The focus on skills and speed in our list management has been evident, and I am also really keen for us have more aggression in our game and he is providing it. Doing it at the same time that the other tyros are playing is an added bonus. He is leading them. I have also liked what I have seen from Darcy and Ryan as well.

Absolutely love the way he plays. Plays with far more confidence and willingness than a first year, under 5 game experience player. Plus he doesn’t give up. Just keeps going

All physicality mixed with a mild dose of head games and chatterbox syndrome ala Creepy

#cultstatusbailey

I would describe a 20 yo player prepared to whack a highly credentialed opponent on an existing injury, repeatedly, as possessing gumption and an *ahem* uncompromising attitude.

In my amateur sporting experience; great people to have on the team. Wouldn't want to be their life partner though.

Delighted we have him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back