Bangladesh in NZ (3 ODI's & 3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Williamson with 196* with one ball left to go before drinks, hits a boundary and immediately walks off. A true madman.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
geez the run scoring has been frenetic in this match.

Tamim back into it again. I wonder in years to come if he will kind of be remembered like a George Headley or Hanif Mohammed or someone who was his country’s first genuine real batting star? He’s always been quality.

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
Given that Australia, England, South Africa and India decline to really tour there with much regularity (for Tests at least), they're not really left with many other teams to play.

I mean, we are on their door step and we have played a grand total of four Tests there since the end of our 2004-05 series there.
Yeah that really is s**t. We should be playing them more than just about any body.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
geez the run scoring has been frenetic in this match.

Tamim back into it again. I wonder in years to come if he will kind of be remembered like a George Headley or Hanif Mohammed or someone who was his country’s first genuine real batting star? He’s always been quality.

He's one of those players that you can truly say is much better than his batting average suggests. And at almost 30 years of age he's got plenty of years left in him you'd imagine. Would love to see him get a second hundred in this Test.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
What a bizarre outcome.

If you had have offered the Bangladesh fans a performance in NZ where Tamim hits a sparkling century and a sparkling 60-odd and two others almost reach 150 they’d have laughed into their tea and taken it in a heartbeat.

I wonder how many times three centuries have been scored in an innings defeat?

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
What a bizarre outcome.

If you had have offered the Bangladesh fans a performance in NZ where Tamim hits a sparkling century and a sparkling 60-odd and two others almost reach 150 they’d have laughed into their tea and taken it in a heartbeat.

I wonder how many times three centuries have been scored in an innings defeat?

Not too often I'd imagine, their batting wasn't too bad but when you concede over 700 runs in the first innings an innings defeat is always on the cards.

Not too often I'd imagine, their batting wasn't too bad but when you concede over 700 runs in the first innings an innings defeat is always on the cards.

Their first innings batting was appalling on a fairly flat deck. Get 400+ and they give themselves a shot. Instead they get rolled for 234.

Think New Zealand need to start investing in someone with real pace so they can have more penetration on flat pitches. If the want to challenge Australia over here, they need someone like Lockie Ferguson to provide a real point of difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think New Zealand need to start investing in someone with real pace so they can have more penetration on flat pitches. If the want to challenge Australia over here, they need someone like Lockie Ferguson to provide a real point of difference.

Should Australia really be their benchmark? :drunk:

In terms of pace Boult is still only 29 and more than sharp enough. Ferguson is hugely promising in the short forms, it may well translate to tests too but is pretty hard to push Wagner out at the moment (coming from someone who has never really liked his game).

Should Australia really be their benchmark? :drunk:

In terms of pace Boult is still only 29 and more than sharp enough. Ferguson is hugely promising in the short forms, it may well translate to tests too but is pretty hard to push Wagner out at the moment (coming from someone who has never really liked his game).

I meant in terms of beating Australia over here. I don’t think Wagner’s trick will cut it over here

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was fielding first the right decision? Two days washed out so the follow on is only 100. Bat first, bowl the Bangers out, enforce the follow on.

Maybe given the rain Kane was worried the pitch would be treacherous to bat on first.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Draw's still the most likely outcome - unless NZ can make it to 450~ by the end of the day and declare.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nice little yarn on Tamim Iqbal on cricinfo this morning.

The guy averages 45 in SENA and will probably never play a test in Australia.
Ludicrous.

He's a gun, still not even 30 yet. And he's much better than what his batting average suggests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back