mugiwara

Team Captain
Dec 20, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
India
India squad-

Virat Kohli (capt), Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Karun Nair, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jayant Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Abhinav Mukund, Hardik Pandya

Bangladesh squad -

Mushfiqur Rahim (capt/wk), Tamim Iqbal, Sabbir Rahman, Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Soumya Sarkar, Taskin Ahmed, Subashis Roy, Imrul Kayes, Liton Das, Mominul Haque, Shafiul Islam, Mosaddek Hossain

Date and venue - Feb 9-13, 2017 (09:30 local | 04:00 GMT) at Hyderabad

Warmups- Bangladesh played against India A which ended in a draw - http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-bangladesh-2016-17/engine/match/1079814.html

First time Bangladesh have toured India and they only get one lousy Test and no limited overs games. Probably treated by the Indians as a warm up for Australia.

Really hoping Bangladesh do well. Show the Aussies how it's done. :)

First time Bangladesh have toured India and they only get one lousy Test and no limited overs games. Probably treated by the Indians as a warm up for Australia.

Really hoping Bangladesh do well. Show the Aussies how it's done. :)

Hardly a warmup. Bangladesh will be more competitive.

Would love to see India line up as:

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli (c)
Rahane
Saha (+)
Ashwin
Jadeja
Jayant
Kumar
Kuldeep
Just one fast bowler ? Even though Kuldeep has been impressive, I don't think he will be debuting tomorrow. Kuldeep can pick up wickets. Along with Ash and Jaddu, if Kuldeep plays, it will be an incredible sight for Indian fan. But, I don't think he will play. Maybe they will pick Ishant or Umesh in place of Kuldeep. Knowing Kohli, he will probably drop Bhuvi and pick both Umesh and Ishant.

Just one fast bowler ? Even though Kuldeep has been impressive, I don't think he will be debuting tomorrow. Kuldeep can pick up wickets. Along with Ash and Jaddu, if Kuldeep plays, it will be an incredible sight for Indian fan. But, I don't think he will play. Maybe they will pick Ishant or Umesh in place of Kuldeep. Knowing Kohli, he will probably drop Bhuvi and pick both Umesh and Ishant.
I don't see the point of playing two seamers as India when there's really only one that's good in Bhuvi. Well Shami is good also.

I really want to see the side I posted above but minus Jayant and in Mishra one test. Have all four disciplines of spin.

I don't see the point of playing two seamers as India when there's really only one that's good in Bhuvi. Well Shami is good also.

I really want to see the side I posted above but minus Jayant and in Mishra one test. Have all four disciplines of spin.
Two seamers are necessary when pitch doesn't assist spin. Although most of the pitches in India are spin friendly, it is important to have two fast bowlers. Ash and Jaddu will be sufficient if pitch is spin friendly. And we have Jayant Yadav too. So, we can go with two fast bowlers. Shami and Bhuvi would be ideal choice, but Shami is still injured.

If they select Pandya instead of Jayant Yadav ( hopefully they won't) then Kuldeep can come in for Ishant/Yadav.

Not that Australia can exactly brag on this front, but it's pretty unbelievable that it's taken India this long to grant Bangladesh a Test in India and even, one miserly Test?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

India going with 3 quicks and 2 spin whereas Bangladesh is going with 3 spin and 2 quicks.

Rahul should talk with Rahul (Dravid) and work on his patience. Again he falls for a loose shot.

First couple of hours will be very favourable to fast bowlers. These two need to be there and not expose the middle order.

100 for Vijay. Very well played ! Hope he continues and score big this time.

Kohli has played against 7 nations and has scored centuries against all of them.

I think what the NZ series and so far this match are showing, and the England series for that matter, is that the Bangladeshi bowling and batting is genuinely up to test standard now.

But the amount of chances and half chances they've blown in the field in that time is criminal, and the mental side of their cricket is still well behind the other nations. For them to compete regularly that's the biggest thing that has to change.

Kohli is an animal.

I think what the NZ series and so far this match are showing, and the England series for that matter, is that the Bangladeshi bowling and batting is genuinely up to test standard now.

But the amount of chances and half chances they've blown in the field in that time is criminal, and the mental side of their cricket is still well behind the other nations. For them to compete regularly that's the biggest thing that has to change.

Kohli is an animal.

Imo and you often see the same with minnows, they don't believe they can win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back