Bangladesh Tour of South Africa (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 2 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rabada has a good future. Olivier is also bowling better but think they would welcome back Morkel, Steyn and Philander over the summer. Abbott is gone though.

Markram settling in might make it a non-possibility but if they get all those blokes on deck I’d love to see them back their batting, stick qdk at 6, and play the four main quicks together with maharaj on a regular basis. Might be a means of prolonging steyn’s career.

Rabada looks like a very good bowler. I thought he had a very good series against Australia, bowls with pace and bounce.
100 wickets in 22 tests at an average around 23.00. Not shabby at all.

Rabada looks like a very good bowler. I thought he had a very good series against Australia, bowls with pace and bounce.
100 wickets in 22 tests at an average around 23.00. Not shabby at all.

Good is understating it, he's a freak.

Genuinely rapid, has the weapons that a fast bowler needs with a searing yorker and nasty bouncer yet is capable of bowling long spells of balls consistently on that awkward length outside off stump. Pretty much the complete package will absolutely love watching him clean up over the next decade. Touch wood but he has shown himself to be pretty durable too in his first couple of years which is the only thing I can conceive would prevent him from becoming one of the greats.

Good is understating it, he's a freak.

Genuinely rapid, has the weapons that a fast bowler needs with a searing yorker and nasty bouncer yet is capable of bowling long spells of balls consistently on that awkward length outside off stump. Pretty much the complete package will absolutely love watching him clean up over the next decade. Touch wood but he has shown himself to be pretty durable too in his first couple of years which is the only thing I can conceive would prevent him from becoming one of the greats.

One of the few young colt fast bowlers to come on the scene over the past 6-7 years that hasn't had injury setbacks. Management, luck, or just has the body for it?

One of the few young colt fast bowlers to come on the scene over the past 6-7 years that hasn't had injury setbacks. Management, luck, or just has the body for it?

Body for it is the primary factor I reckon. Lean and athletic with a beautiful action, though it probably does help that the Proteas don't play quite the volume of cricket as their English or Australian counterparts. Only limited involvement thus far with the franchise T20 circuit and has yet to tick county cricket off the resume either.

Body for it is the primary factor I reckon. Lean and athletic with a beautiful action, though it probably does help that the Proteas don't play quite the volume of cricket as their English or Australian counterparts. Only limited involvement thus far with the franchise T20 circuit and has yet to tick county cricket off the resume either.

What's crazy is that at the same age (22 years, 4 months, 21 days), Dale Steyn (by 17/11/2005) had played just 3 Test matches, for a return of 8 wickets and a bowling average of 52.00. It would be a further 2 1/2 years before Steyn played his 22nd Test, and a further 3 years before he played against Australia in a Test match for the first time.

It's insane how good Rabada is at his age, and he's already one of the most lethal strike bowlers of all time.

What's crazy is that at the same age (22 years, 4 months, 21 days), Dale Steyn (by 17/11/2005) had played just 3 Test matches, for a return of 8 wickets and a bowling average of 52.00. It would be a further 2 1/2 years before Steyn played his 22nd Test, and a further 3 years before he played against Australia in a Test match for the first time.

It's insane how good Rabada is at his age, and he's already one of the most lethal strike bowlers of all time.

If he can get somewhere close to the other bloke, he’s in for a hell of a career.

#bestiveseen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a slow track and scoring was sedate until AB came in and started going mad.
A ton off sixty odd balls is good going.
Have always rated him.

Well he stood out ridiculously among his peers today. He seems to be a special player.

Don’t take this as being a nasty question, it’s meant to be a genuine enquiry, but are you a relative newcomer to following cricket? Your comment is spot on by the way - he is special - just the way you worded it makes it sound like you haven’t watched AB much before.

Don’t take this as being a nasty question, it’s meant to be a genuine enquiry, but are you a relative newcomer to following cricket? Your comment is spot on by the way - he is special - just the way you worded it makes it sound like you haven’t watched AB much before.
No, I've watched cricket for years. I believe that the word special gets bandied about too freely and that he has proven again he is genuinely special. The pitch seemed slow and the batsmen were struggling, but AB was in a class of his own. We have missed watching him.

No, I've watched cricket for years. I believe that the word special gets bandied about too freely and that he has proven again he is genuinely special. The pitch seemed slow and the batsmen were struggling, but AB was in a class of his own. We have missed watching him.

Fair play, was no disrespect intended, just the way you worded your post that’s all :)

Privileged to turn on the tv and catch AB strut his stuff. The man just has such an enjoyable technique.

Saying that it is not anything standard but just playing the ball brilliantly. Every upcoming player should notice that
he just does what he knows how to and grabs the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back