Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
About to get its first games.

Possible AFLX next year.

In one of her opening press conferences, Gladys corrected a reporter and said there were 5 teams to call it home, one of them being an AFL side. A little part of me thought maybe in some kind of Spotless redevelopment they might have to move there but I dont think its wide enough to fit the oval inside.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Possible AFLX next year.

In one of her opening press conferences, Gladys corrected a reporter and said there were 5 teams to call it home, one of them being an AFL side. A little part of me thought maybe in some kind of Spotless redevelopment they might have to move there but I dont think its wide enough to fit the oval inside.

Bankwest grabbed naming rights, good get !

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

Possible AFLX next year.

Possibly the Swans looking for a new home? where it's hapoening? We aint leaving Giants Stadium obviously.

Grozzy

Debutant
Feb 6, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Bankwest reduced.jpg

You need to be fit to reach the top, but still a good view

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
its a rectangular stadium, so Football, Rugby and other rectangular sports will be played. Home to Western Sydney Wanderers, Parramatta Eels, and to a lesser extent the Wests Tigers (5 games per year) and Cantebury Bulldogs (1 game per year).

desie

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2004
Gumnut Cottage
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Arsenal, GWS Giants

Possible AFLX next year.

Gladys just mucked it up, she's not the biggest sports fan. Nothing more sinister than that.

Gladys just mucked it up, she's not the biggest sports fan. Nothing more sinister than that.

Yep. Probably just confused between playing a few games of AFLX (mooted last month) versus actually having an AFL team based out of it.

Lovely stadium though, and doubly so given what it replaced. Shame the Cowboys aren't playing in Parramatta this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does it compare with AAMI?
Rectangular grounds are very different to ovals.

Im still not sold on Parra stadium as they couldve made it a little bigger and had a roof to complete the job properly
To spend that much coin on a re-build and only increase capacity by 5k is pointless but they dont fill so understand that side of it

However the seating design is great, not sure how the new WA stadium compares and the light show before they run out and 1/2 time was fantastic could be tweaked also though

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im still not sold on Parra stadium as they couldve made it a little bigger and had a roof to complete the job properly
To spend that much coin on a re-build and only increase capacity by 5k is pointless but they dont fill so understand that side of it

However the seating design is great, not sure how the new WA stadium compares and the light show before they run out and 1/2 time was fantastic could be tweaked also though
Why make it bigger? In Sydney they barely fill their stadiums and it looks/sounds shocking. The size is perfect and will have atmosphere even if 12k show up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back