Banter Banter thread Part 2 - Opposition fans welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL....Isn't that the Ivan Milat defense.
I'd submit that Ivan Milat was well aware that he was a freakin' psychopath.

I have the biffs bumps and brawlers DVD at home, I dusted off the cobwebs and had a look at it recently. I reckon Mark Maclure makes me laugh more than any of them, he'd belt someone nonchalantly and then contort and twist his face into the best exacerbated expression you could ever hope to see whenever the ump would inevitably rush over to take his number afterwards.

Tigers voted back the same incompetent board who didn't know the coach was recruiting for short term competitiveness because their supporters are not mature enough to handle the truth.

When I asked the Tigers not to change, didn't think they would listen. Thanks Tigers fans, we like you just the way you are.

Played in three more premiership sides than Bill Picken.

At 188cm held down centre half forward for 8 years between Robert Walls and Stephen Kernahan and doesn't lose in comparison with either of them.

Not in their class....Was a bog average player, in the right place, at the right time....Made to look okay by the best fleet of smalls gathered together, in a 5-6 year period.

Not in their class....Was a bog average player, in the right place, at the right time....Made to look okay by the best fleet of smalls gathered together, in a 5-6 year period.
I like you P35, because usually you're on here bagging the s**t out of Richmond. Much respect...

But you're off on this one. Maclure was a very good CHF. Powerful mark and a nice kick... Yes, he did some silly things occasionally, but you don't play at CHF in three flags without being a fairly decent player...

I like you P35, because usually you're on here bagging the s**t out of Richmond. Much respect...

But you're off on this one. Maclure was a very good CHF. Powerful mark and a nice kick... Yes, he did some silly things occasionally, but you don't play at CHF in three flags without being a fairly decent player...

Opinions vary....Never rated him as he seldom troubled us....Knights & Mew ate him for breakfast.

He cleared the way for those fleet of smalls to operate, they walked taller whilst he was at Centre Half Forward, three premierships in four years.

In particular during the 1979 Premiership Season he was the key forward focal point - this season was one of the most dominant seasons by any club of the modern era.

Very big average three years. :rolleyes:

He cleared the way for those fleet of smalls to operate, they walked taller whilst he was at Centre Half Forward, three premierships in four years.

In particular during the 1979 Premiership Season he was the key forward focal point - this season was one of the most dominant seasons by any club of the modern era.

Very big average three years. :rolleyes:

Like I said....Best fleet of smalls ever....Would have made you & I look good mate.

He's a better analyst than he ever was a footballer....Once the ball hit the ground, he was no chance.

Like I said....Best fleet of smalls ever....Would have made you & I look good mate.

He's a better analyst than he ever was a footballer....Once the ball hit the ground, he was no chance.

Maclure made those smalls walk very tall during those 3 premierships in four years.

Maclures job wasn't to win the ball on the ground, his job was to bring the ball to ground, which he did with great aplomb and allowed, Ashman, Buckley, Sheldon, Marcou, Johnston to run amok.

And he's certainly a better analyst than you, which wouldn't be hard, as you clearly don't have a clue.

Opinions vary....Never rated him as he seldom troubled us....Knights & Mew ate him for breakfast.
Knight and Mew, in particular Knights were genuine champions of the game. I'm not suggesting Maclure was of that standard, and those two ate most forwards/players for breakfast...
Carey barely got a kick against Jakovich, but he's still, arguably, the best the game has seen....

Maclure could play, make no mistake...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knight and Mew, in particular Knights were genuine champions of the game. I'm not suggesting Maclure was of that standard, and those two ate most forwards/players for breakfast...
Carey barely got a kick against Jakovich, but he's still, arguably, the best the game has seen....

Maclure could play, make no mistake...

Carey barely got a kick against Silvagni. ;)

Maclure made those smalls walk very tall during those 3 premierships in four years.

Maclures job wasn't to win the ball on the ground, his job was to bring the ball to ground, which he did with great aplomb and allowed, Ashman, Buckley, Sheldon, Marcou, Johnston to run amok.

And he's certainly a better analyst than you, which wouldn't be hard, as you clearly don't have a clue.

Fitzpatrick made them walk tall, not Maclure....Maclure provided structure....Much like Chris Dawes did.

15578631_1188847561196838_8567112916291242564_n.jpg

Saw that on FB, most amusing :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back