Banter Banter thread Part 2 - Opposition fans welcome

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
Here's an interesting wee tid-bit of historical info & fact.

Carlton currently sit in their longest Premiership drought in their storied VFL/AFL history.....Ouch.

Their previous record drought had stood at 23 years, stretching from 1915 till 1938.....They now stand at 24 years from 1995 - 2019 inclusive.

I'm just happy to keep you Blues updated with your history.
Still setting records, **** we are good, even when we are bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Don't get ahead of yourself - 2019 ain't over yet;):rainbow:
You don't count so good....Are you typical of the Blues demographic?

I put in 2019 as the best case scenario.....And even if you salute this year, which -lets face is - is a near on impossibility, then you've still broken the old record by a year.

Geez.....Having to explain the math is so exhausting.....Just doing my communal service to the poor down & outs is all.

Coona Blues

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
You don't count so good....Are you typical of the Blues demographic?

I put in 2019 as the best case scenario.....And even if you salute this year, which -lets face is - is a near on impossibility, then you've still broken the old record by a year.

Geez.....Having to explain the math is so exhausting.....Just doing my communal service to the poor down & outs is all.
Thanks so much for your condescending crap.
A little education for the poo and wee brigade.
Flag in '95. Drought commenced '96, 2019 not yet played out, care to revise your arrogant, misguided and totally uneducated crap.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thanks so much for your condescending crap.
A little education for the poo and wee brigade.
Flag in '95. Drought commenced '96, 2019 not yet played out, care to revise your arrogant, misguided and totally uneducated crap.
Sure:

Longest drought in the past: 1916-1937....22 years without a flag, 23 years from 1915-1938
Current Drought equals: 1996-2018...……..23 years without a flag, 24 years from 1995-2019

Er…...You were saying?

Well done on dragging the Blues bored down to Richmond & Collingwood levels.

Coona Blues

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton

TheCoach16

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Sure:

Longest drought in the past: 1916-1937....22 years without a flag, 23 years from 1915-1938
Current Drought equals: 1996-2018...……..23 years without a flag, 24 years from 1995-2019

Er…...You were saying?

The only reason we’re “bored”, is because you’re here...

And likening us to Richmond?...
Richmond??!! Richmond??!! ****en Richmond??!! That is simply uncalled for. Unnecessary.

Coona Blues

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Sure:

Er…...You were saying?

Please let me know when you settle on a figure, post to post variation is tedious.
As to you grammatical prowess, well, it is up there with your mathematics. This Blues board is certainly bored of your boorish banter

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The only reason we’re “bored”, is because you’re here...

And likening us to Richmond?...
Richmond??!! Richmond??!! ****en Richmond??!! That is simply uncalled for. Unnecessary.
Boring?....Mwah?....I'm a veritable font of info.

I mean, it's not like I compared your current 21st century spoon acquisition rate to that of the Aints in the 20th Century.....No Siree…..I held back on that one.

swoop42

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
"Old news" and if you had any semblance of decency, such a tragedy should not be utilised/raised in a banter thread.
Numerous Aussies in Townsville and Tassie have lost their homes, and so much more, hardly topical for trash talk.
How a lightning strike on the property of Robert Walls (what's the odds of it being a known person let alone a Carlton person was the point of my post) has anything to do with floods in Townsville or fires in Tasmania I do not know.

Anyway what next for Carlton this preseason?

A massive sink hole in the backyard of Bruce Doull?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
How a lightning strike on the property of Robert Walls (what's the odds of it being a known person let alone a Carlton person was the point of my post) has anything to do with floods in Townsville or fires in Tasmania I do not know.

You wouldn’t hear about. Not from him anyway

BLUEALLTHRU

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa

I'll speak on behalf of Bruce,he is enjoying retirement and quite often cuddles his premiership medals. He wishes Figjam Nafan no more pain and asks that he think of his family and retire, his career has been very traumatising for his family.

jezzajay

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Giants, Lakers
Sure:

Er…...You were saying?

Hawks drought 1925 - 1960.
35 years.
Including 10 wooden spoons.
Please.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
happy 10 year membership anniversary to all of the Hawthorn ‘member since 2009’ bandwagon brigade :)
I truly rooly hate to disappoint you, but I've been a member since 1 was a 12 year old junior in 1978.....Back when you were guaranteed a set of 6 series tickets for all finals as a member.

I'm sure there'd still be some in here who can recall those days......Not you though, I'd hazard a guess.

Top Bottom