Banter Banter thread Part 2 - Opposition fans welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

I probably should have stipulated this Century.....It's only a mere 20 years lapsed.

This is the longest Blues premiership drought on record....Still, you have a decade to run to match our drought from 1925-1960..
Your lot went way longer than that period without a premiership.
Your clubs origins are reported to go back to early 1900's and in VFA years did not win any premierships... Lesser leagues in standard but no flags to show...
Over 50 years as a club with no premierships...

From wiki reading a little on your admission to this league , thank your lucky stars a Carlton person oversaw you getting into this league despite no premierships there.
"On 9 January 1925 a committee meeting of the VFL, chaired by Reg Hunt of Carlton, examined the question of expanding the competition from nine clubs to twelve and then, at a further (full) meeting on 16 January 1925, the VFL decided to admit the three Victorian Football Association (VFA) clubs, Hawthorn, Footscray and North Melbourne.

Then another Carlton figure helped your club get out of cellar dweller status... Jack Hale....

"In 1952 Jack Hale took over as coach, Hale had been Bob McCaskill's assistant, but McCaskill's health was failing and he died in June 1952. Aided by dividends from the VFL's finals revenue making the club more competitive financially – despite no Hawthorn team in any grade playing VFL finals to that point—this proved the decisive step in the movement of Hawthorn away from the bottom of the ladder. He eliminated the casual attitude that prevailed at the club during its first thirty years in the VFL and made the club less accepting of defeat than before. "

You are welcome for our help to help you become a proper football club that would learn to win premierships....

Pity we have forgot.....

I probably should have stipulated this Century.....It's only a mere 20 years lapsed.

This is the longest Blues premiership drought on record....Still, you have a decade to run to match our drought from 1925-1960....Tik-Tok, tik-tok.
Sixteen flags is sixteen flags, it doesn't matter when they came but that's what we got. :cool:

Your lot went way longer than that period without a premiership.
Your clubs origins are reported to go back to early 1900's and in VFA years did not win any premierships... Lesser leagues in standard but no flags to show...
Over 50 years as a club with no premierships...

From wiki reading a little on your admission to this league , thank your lucky stars a Carlton person oversaw you getting into this league despite no premierships there.
"On 9 January 1925 a committee meeting of the VFL, chaired by Reg Hunt of Carlton, examined the question of expanding the competition from nine clubs to twelve and then, at a further (full) meeting on 16 January 1925, the VFL decided to admit the three Victorian Football Association (VFA) clubs, Hawthorn, Footscray and North Melbourne.

Then another Carlton figure helped your club get out of cellar dweller status... Jack Hale....

"In 1952 Jack Hale took over as coach, Hale had been Bob McCaskill's assistant, but McCaskill's health was failing and he died in June 1952. Aided by dividends from the VFL's finals revenue making the club more competitive financially – despite no Hawthorn team in any grade playing VFL finals to that point—this proved the decisive step in the movement of Hawthorn away from the bottom of the ladder. He eliminated the casual attitude that prevailed at the club during its first thirty years in the VFL and made the club less accepting of defeat than before. "

You are welcome for our help to help you become a proper football club that would learn to win premierships....

Pity we have forgot.....

So I see you can't do the bants right either.

Living up to your user-name I see.....I had the same problem against your mob in the early 80's.
That’s it!

It is your username that keeps putting me off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you sure we cant have brett ratten ?

So Nafan had a few drinks, fell asleep on the couch, got up to go to the bathroom and walked out the wrong door and into a tennis match.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

'Figjam has done all of Collingwood'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back