2nds #BanVD Footscray Vs Casey Grand Final Sun 3pm @Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

I can probably let the cat out of the bag now.

Ash Hansen has been given the job as assistant to Bev next year and will be forwards coach

What's your feel on this one, VD?

Scorps are stiff that it's at Etihad, given Footscray have plenty of players who will be pretty comfortable playing there.

Webb, Lynch, Williams, Dale, Long, Smith will be pretty hard to contain on a fast track in perfect conditions.

Footscray were always going to run over the top of Casey at Etihad. Too many one paced mids in the Scorpions line up to trouble the above names.

Unlucky for Casey, have been the most consistent team all year but Footscray was always loaded with the most talent and best system.

I was on the plane home from Sydney during so i missed most of the game. Anyone know how to catch a replay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 games, 22 goals and 4 times in the best players. Kicked at least a goal a game for the last 8 games. Pretty solid return for a VFL listed player in my books.

I can probably let the cat out of the bag now.

Ash Hansen has been given the job as assistant to Bev next year and will be forwards coach
Nice hire. Dude obviously knows his stuff and has gotten the scraggers playing almost AFL quality football the times i've watched with their ball movement. Extremely impressive in transition and dangerous in the forward line when the ball hits the ground.

Hard to argue with two cups at the level.

aYl2fWM.png

tx9bUGK.png

Finally recovered from Mad Monday.
That 3rd Q was just pure amazing for Footscray, everything was clicking for them, reminded me a lot of the hawks game last week.
Nothing Casey could do.

2 Flags in 3 years is one hell of a result

Hard to argue with two cups at the level.

Chris Maple was coach for the first flag, I think Hansen was development coach at the time and they basically swapped roles when Bev came on board.

Finally recovered from Mad Monday.
That 3rd Q was just pure amazing for Footscray, everything was clicking for them, reminded me a lot of the hawks game last week.
Nothing Casey could do.

2 Flags in 3 years is one hell of a result

Did your guys go into the game ultra confident or were you concerned with the Etihad factor?

Any Scray players in particular that caught your eye?

Did your guys go into the game ultra confident or were you concerned with the Etihad factor?

Any Scray players in particular that caught your eye?
We went in confident. Winning the minor, beating dogs in round 1 and smashing williamstown we always backed ourselves in.
With all our experience it didnt matter what ground we played on just dogd shell shocked us in the 3rd q and ran away with it

Jamieson, Hayes, Long and Hannan were my vfl standouts (not counting russell since hes 29 years old)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back