Universal Love Barlow is cooked, Barlow Rises, Revenge of the Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Micky.B
I thought he was cooked early in the season but backed him in and bought him in AFL dt after Fyfe was injured. Got dropped to the Wafl but didn't hang the bottom lip out, I watched him vs EP and thought hold on this bloke still has some fire in the belly. Glad i held onto him he has been in great form ever since hope he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Barlow: for years I've been telling players on the other team how I have had sexual adventures with their mum. The GWS team just call me Dad and give me a hug, I don't think I'm intimidating enough to tag...
Crowley: be nice to them, ask how their week has been...
Barlow: That is cruel! Is it within the rules?

Pinching ideas off Crowls, is that kosher ?.

Picked the anti Ross slant in the opening line of your post and then you delivered.

I'm not anti-Ross. I'm vehemently pro-Ross. But I am aware that even a brilliant coach can make mistakes.

Lyon's job goes beyond the individual players needs and us fundamentally about team needs.

Which is the main reason why Barlow should spend more time in the middle. It adds flexibility to our inside set up and allows us to use Fyfe forward more often.

With many players that means playing outside of their comfort zones or any preferred role. As a tall, goal kicking mid, time in the forward line is a pretty good second job for Barlow

And Barlow has done well in that role when it was his second job. But to stick him on the half forward line all day whilst players like DeBoer, Hill and Suban are starting in the square makes no sense.

and probably what I would have picked as suitable to his skill set before that of a run with player.

Well, I'm surprised to hear that you'd play relatively slow, big bodied prolific tackler on a flank before you'd play him in a run-with role, but each to his own.

Well done Micky.B
I thought he was cooked early in the season but backed him in and bought him in AFL dt after Fyfe was injured. Got dropped to the Wafl but didn't hang the bottom lip out, I watched him vs EP and thought hold on this bloke still has some fire in the belly. Glad i held onto him he has been in great form ever since hope he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

I too watched that game and remember how impressed I was with his mentoring of younger players. He was a real leader that day.You can't have too many quality people in a football club and the fact that he has turned his footy around....well done and I hope we keep ya next year.

Maybe we need to make Barlow and Blakely look the same so they don't know if they are getting the fast ball or the slow ball...? Names are similar, that's a start at least.
Just get Blakely some shorter jumpers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy for Mick, absolute heart and soul player.

I actually thought his goal on the run was better than the GOTY contender as he knew frontal pressure was coming and we really needed a goal at this time. It was also great to see Robbie Gray give up on chasing Barlow! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back