Universal Love Barra Leads Freo to the Win over WB

Remove this Banner Ad

And seriously **** Bevo complaining about the umps - the non-mark leading to the Bont goal effectively kept them in the game.

Yeah, look the blokes a pretentious campaigner.
His magnanimous gesture to “Bobby” , “here bobby mate you can have my premiership medallion” , was the most choreographed, self indulgent piece of bullshit.
It would have been pre-approved by the AFL and rehearsed by C7.
So, Bevo, time to end the charade.

It's after games like this that I reflect back on posts made about 3 weeks ago suggesting that... They'd like us to lose so that X player/coach could get sacked.

Yeah.
In fairness, it is just a couple of complete dickheads who have said that. Guys you won't see again until we have another bad loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching a replay the Hill defensive effort to smother to eventually set up the Hogan to Matera goal was fantastic.

He's having a good year. Finished last year a bit out of sorts, with kicks going everywhere but to our players.

He's not only doing what he has always done quite well, but his work in the contest is up a bit. He's never been and probably never will be a contested ball beast, but his defensive game, 1%ers etc, are up a notch. That was a good example.

Last edited:
Lots of examples of players not wanting to crowd the contest resulting in two players effectively watching the opposition pick the ball up without contest.

I think I'd rather that than two of our players trying to beat each other for the ball, allowing one of ours to win and the other to receive the handball and clear.
If you meant theirs then yeah, this is probably the biggest improvement I have seen. Too often in the past all our players were sucked into the contest with no-one to receive on the outside

Thought Wilson had his best game for a while. Maybe having Nyhuis provided a better balance and allowed him to roam a bit more.
Very observant post. Nyhuis providing the 'lock down' pressure and allowing Wilson to run more. With Duman, Wilson and Ryan in the side there is a lack of defensive pressure especially one on one. Nyhuis provides that wherever he is on the field and gee he's faster than I thought.

Very observant post. Nyhuis providing the 'lock down' pressure and allowing Wilson to run more. With Duman, Wilson and Ryan in the side there is a lack of defensive pressure especially one on one. Nyhuis provides that wherever he is on the field and gee he's faster than I thought.

It was also a result of the Bulldogs turning and running to all get inside our forward fifty as soon as we got the ball anywhere outside of 40m from their scoring end, it created a lot of space for the defenders.

Freo again did a superb job with the Anzac day game. The 98 year old was amazing and bought on the tears to most around us. The 40 bugles playing the last post bought the hairs up on the back of the neck. Kudos all round for the organisers

Fully agree with your comments.

All last week we have heard about crowds booing, but I'd like to give all the people at the stadium "a big elephant stamp". When the one minute silence was on, everyone did exactly that, you could hear a pin drop.

I understand the digger was Bill Grayden, a man who has led a very interesting life. Loved the 2 army people supporting him, very respectful.

Fully agree with your comments.

All last week we have heard about crowds booing, but I'd like to give all the people at the stadium "a big elephant stamp". When the one minute silence was on, everyone did exactly that, you could hear a pin drop.

I understand the digger was Bill Grayden, a man who has led a very interesting life. Loved the 2 army people supporting him, very respectful.

It made me tear up, particularly when he forgot the next line and was prompted by the people supporting him. Did he walk all the way to the middle of the ground and back? Even supported, it still looked like a fair distance.

Didn’t see how the other teams did it this year, but I think we always do it so well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back