Barrett at it again

Mar 25, 2008
Victoria's Secret HQ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely this bloke should put the cue in the rack. Knows nothing about football. Has a petty school girl cat fight with Bevo and the Dogs that he can't let go of. The chip on the shoulder must be massive! Gives a lot of love to Norf though, wonder why that is?!

WB-header.png

IF... 2017 was the hangover they had without realising it at the time, and 2018 a complete waste ...
THEN... 2019 is looming as even worse. Surely the bye period is being used to thoroughly review football operations.

WB1WcWb19WR1624.jpg

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely this bloke should put the cue in the rack. Knows nothing about football. Has a petty school girl cat fight with Bevo and the Dogs that he can't let go of. The chip on the shoulder must be massive! Gives a lot of love to Norf though, wonder why that is?!

WB-header.png

IF... 2017 was the hangover they had without realising it at the time, and 2018 a complete waste ...
THEN... 2019 is looming as even worse. Surely the bye period is being used to thoroughly review football operations.

WB1WcWb19WR1624.jpg
Only doing his job here. Most reporters are reporting the same thing. But, you don’t have to be Einstein to realize we’re getting worse!

Mar 25, 2008
Victoria's Secret HQ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Only doing his job here. Most reporters are reporting the same thing. But, you don’t have to be Einstein to realize we’re getting worse!

His job is to report on footy without club bias. He hates the Dogs and shows it. He loves Norf and shows it. He's an employee of the AFL. He can take his petty grievances elsewhere.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
His job is to report on footy without club bias. He hates the Dogs and shows it. He loves Norf and shows it. He's an employee of the AFL. He can take his petty grievances elsewhere.
We all know he hates us, but why start a thread just to report on what a few have been reporting on in the last week? It’s been on SEN, various footy shows etc..

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hate Barrett with a passion but I dont see a problem here - this is what he is meant to do.

He didnt bully Tom Boyd in this post.
He didnt make snide remarks about Beveridge.

He is probably asking or suggestiing what alot of us are that are concerned.
Barrett keeps saying it will be the first time since 1978 since a side missed finals 3 years after winning a flag.
pretty hard to argue with him stating a fact and suggesting a review of footy operations

No difference to this really https://t.co/xcg6sN6DX9?amp=1

Nothing to see here. Play on. More than fair critique. We can be a bit precious at times.
Maybe but does he have some link with the AFL? Putting this stuff on their site??

Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves
I actually agree with his comment. We all expected to be fighting for a place in the 8 but alas not this season. So I believe questions need to be asked why the club has slipped backwards again

Another lose to Carlton next week then serious questions need to be asked.

Maybe but does he have some link with the AFL? Putting this stuff on their site??

Fos - The AFL site is run by Croc Media owned by Craig Hutchison. I assume Croc Media has a contract with the AFL to run their website. He also owns SEN

Barrett is simply employed by Croc Media as their "Chief AFL writer" (even though he know SFA about the game itself)

Personally I made a decision to not click on any article written by Barrett quite some time ago. Over the past few months I have even been considering not using the AFL site at all as every time I went there all I saw was Barrett's ugly noggin pasted in every space available.

All Hutchy wants is controversy as that is what attracts "clicks" - the AFL don't care as they just want to be talked about regardless of circumstances. Barrett is his tool to create the controversy.

Edit: and based on this thread - it works

who cares if we are the first team since 1978 to not make finals in the 3 next years. in 1978, there were only 12 teams, no travel and things were a lot different. lets just focus on being the first team to make finals for 20 consecutive years, 4 years after we won a flag

I just hope we trade hard & trade well to get some top quality players in over the next 2 years whilst our young guns get some more experience. Then from about 2022-2030 we will discombobulate the competition & an aging Barrett will be loving us every week

Slack Nang

Senior List
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CDFC
Who's Barrett?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Barrett is the name of a disgusting vegetable that no none wants, even vegans

Damien Barrett however is a reality T.V. contestant screaming down the camera hoping his lack of personality and meaningful insight about... you know... like..... stuff... is ignored in the apparent belief that the loudest idiot always wins

Fos - The AFL site is run by Croc Media owned by Craig Hutchison. I assume Croc Media has a contract with the AFL to run their website. He also owns SEN

Barrett is simply employed by Croc Media as their "Chief AFL writer" (even though he know SFA about the game itself)

Personally I made a decision to not click on any article written by Barrett quite some time ago. Over the past few months I have even been considering not using the AFL site at all as every time I went there all I saw was Barrett's ugly noggin pasted in every space available.

All Hutchy wants is controversy as that is what attracts "clicks" - the AFL don't care as they just want to be talked about regardless of circumstances. Barrett is his tool to create the controversy.

Edit: and based on this thread - it works
Actually he only works for the AFL now, not croc media anymore.

I can't believe people still read his articles.

Back