Do you literally not believe it?

• I don't believe it!

• I kind of believe it.

• What were they thinking?

• Get over it, SJWs!

• Leave Barry alone!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what he was going for here.

Was he trying to imply it was akin to licking your finger and sticking it in the air to check the wind?
My interpretation which I now know is wrong is that they were having a "sweep" on when the baby will be born and the licking your finger sticking it in the air to check the wind to get a more accurate feel on when the birth will occur

Just out of curiosity, do you think if in the same context you made a joke about a doctor licking his fingers after giving a bloke a prostate exam that it would get a laugh from a bunch of ex footballers on MMM? Or would they just think it was gross?
Try the “smelling sweat...” thread.

Just out of curiosity, do you think if in the same context you made a joke about a doctor licking his fingers after giving a bloke a prostate exam that it would get a laugh from a bunch of ex footballers on MMM? Or would they just think it was gross?
Was the doctor tutoring some medical students and teaching them an important lesson in observation, that would be pretty funny.

Dunno if this has been asked earlier in the thread but don't radio stations run about 10 seconds before going live? why couldn't someone have just cut the line?

Dunno if this has been asked earlier in the thread but don't radio stations run about 10 seconds before going live? why couldn't someone have just cut the line?
My guess is that they didn't have the finger over the dump button for their own presenters... normally it's just there for talkback, etc.

Yep, would melt like butter face to face. Then add this little gem "I'd hate to imagine how veterens from past wars would react to weak softcocks like you."
Like all our past veterans (correct spelling) are a bunch of bigoted boof heads.
Like they weren't mostly scared boys barely out of school handed a weapon and told to go die in the jungle.

It was. Just because snowflakes like you want to live in an authoritarian state doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to make crass jokes within his private conversations.
No one is going to prevent you from saying it. Doesn’t mean it’s appropriate to talk about a woman getting assaulted by a doctor. Even in the pub.

I am firmly against regulating thought and speech, but you can not try to justify these comments in any context.

No one is going to prevent you from saying it. Doesn’t mean it’s appropriate to talk about a woman getting assaulted by a doctor. Even in the pub.

I am firmly against regulating thought and speech, but you can not try to justify these comments in any context.
That's exactly what you're suggesting - that there should be some sort of list of subjects that are off limits for comedy. So what else goes on this list? Death? Illness? Disability? Other topics that may trigger a bad memory for someone when joked about? And who has the final say about what goes on the list?

There is a difference between making a joke about something and condoning or promoting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's exactly what you're suggesting - that there should be some sort of list of subjects that are off limits for comedy. So what else goes on this list? Death? Illness? Disability? Other topics that may trigger a bad memory for someone when joked about? And who has the final say about what goes on the list?

There is a difference between making a joke about something and condoning or promoting it.
Again, I didn’t say anything about censoring it in a private environment.

All I’m saying is that people think that this comment would be deemed appropriate (as in non-offensive) off the air, are wrong.

Jokes about sexual assault are always wrong. But, it is a free country and you can say what you like in your own space.

Agree. I am no puritan, god knows that aint even close to the case. But I have never stood around anywhere in a pub or privately and made these sorts of jokes with mates. Its just crude bullshit you normally grow out of by 16 or so.

What do you mean by "wrong"? Are you suggesting that jokes about sexual assault (or any other touchy subject) can't be funny because they're "wrong"?
I've never agreed with the idea that something is binary either funny, or wrong - not both. The reality is that there's plenty where I'll piss myself laughing while thinking "that shouldn't have been said in this setting".

I've never agreed with the idea that something is binary either funny, or wrong - not both. The reality is that there's plenty where I'll piss myself laughing while thinking "that shouldn't have been said in this setting".

The selection of a topic for black humour is an acknowledgement of its seriousness.

Sometimes that is the humour. Trainwreck humour. On Baz's line, I could see maybe one loose mate of mine saying something like that with a skinfull , maybe. Baz did it sober, on air. Dumb campaigner.

Back