Analysis Barry Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

Thug player for sure but he was a very capable leader as well.

Number of times he delivered on the big stage was numerous. Would love a player/ forward like him in our team now

Probably.
0dbcdb863551331bf2576ff6ad42c284.jpg

Not.

Probably looking north now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean he now has a job where he needs to come across as a decent bloke so hams it up like the rest of the media Muppets.

Yep ..... this is why he is now showing this "soft" side -

'A Luncheon with BIG BAD BAZ' at the Empire Function Centre on Friday 7th July.

Being organised by RAD Promotions ..... part owned by Danny Kerr.

Speaking on SEN on Saturday before the game, Hall pre-empted an “Alastair Lynch style” finish to his career.
Lynch was suspended for 10 games and fined $15,000 after he threw several punches in a free-for-all with Darryl Wakelin in the 2004 grand final.
“I’ve heard some rumours they’re going to try and get me sent off somehow – there could be Alastair Lynch style exit to my career.” Hall joked.

https://www.3aw.com.au/barry-hall-v...ents-sparking-flashback-to-infamous-incident/

Labrador Football Club president Nick McGuire has defended Barry Hall after the former AFL star landed himself in hot water by striking two opponents in the QAFL grand final.
Hall was hit with a one-match suspension over the incident, and McGuire says footy fans shouldn't blow things "out of proportion".
"It's not necessarily a great look and we certainly don't condone violence but we've also got a responsibility not to blow these things out of proprtion," McGuire told Sunrise on Wednesday.
"In this particular incident it was graded a low impact, open-hand slap so the incident was actually pretty minimal."
Sunrise host David Koch suggested the second Palm Beach-Currumbin player had played up the contact to draw a free kick, with McGuire agreeing.
"So it's a bit of a non-issue."

McGuire also lauded Hall for the way he had handled himself throughout the year, on and off the field.
"One of the best things about Barry is he takes all of this in his stride, he's dealt with a lot of criticism and banter throughout the year and he should be respected for the way he carries himself.
"He's been phenomenal for our football club, he's done a lot of work with our juniors and we couldn't be happier."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/3...defends-barry-hall-punching-opponent-in-qafl/

Last edited:
The guy was reckless all the way back to his St. Kilda days. Unfortunately, the media and a lot of the football public put him on a pedestal as "Big Bad Barry" and let it slide as he's "a character". No surprise, given he's part of the Victorian circle jerk and his stint at Sydney heralded because they were "The South Melbourne Bloods" to the media at the time.

Should have been identified as a risk and taken out of the system. Lucky the thug never ended up killing someone (and that someone could have easily been Staker). That Staker punch and the way it was handled was an absolute joke and I remember at the time people laughing about it. People would be out for blood if it was someone on their team who was king hit like that, but we all know our club doesn't really have a great number of friends out there.

He typifies thug culture that has seen many a victim not survive (David Hooks anyone?) because meatheads think they can throw their fists around with no consequences. And "Big Bad Barry" is an icon of that message, because he did throw his fists around with * all consequence really - successful football and media career is the message sent to all the faux tough guys out there.

Once a thug always a thug.

Won't be surprised one little bit to read, some time down the track, that he is in further assault or domestic violence chargers, the guy has some serious anger management issues.

I just hope he doesn't do any serious damage as he is a ticking time :bomb: and is as dangerous as a loaded :gun:.

Once a thug always a thug.

Won't be surprised one little bit to read, some time down the track, that he is in further assault or domestic violence chargers, the guy has some serious anger management issues.

I just hope he doesn't do any serious damage as he is a ticking time :bomb: and is as dangerous as a loaded :gun:.

Your expert use of emojis is entertaining. Don't happen to have a teenage girl in the household providing tips?

Last edited:
Can't get his white line fever under control. I still think his off-field demeanor is pretty good but I suppose it's possible that it always was. He clearly hasn't learnt a thing in nearly 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back