Barry Lowe - Gold Coast SUNS and QLD Footy team legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
I was having a chat with Big Red Machine at the game Sunday about legends of our club.

One name I don't think gets enough attention is Barry Lowe. Any regulars would know him as part of the furniture since day dot on the Gold Coast. I think he has had a variety of roles (team manager, interchange steward, equipment manager - Probably more). Has hardly skipped a beat or missed a game in the clubs history. I reckon it would be fair to assume he has been involved in more SUNS games than any other person on or off the field.

It wasn't just the SUNS. He had a rich history working with the Lions before GC17 become a thing and i'm led to believe he had a decorated career with the Southport.

Maybe someone more currently connected can shed a bit more light around Barry and his duties or his past but to me, he is the off field face of our club. Whether you are at training, game day warm ups or hovering around the teams hotels around the country you will see him doing his thing. Most recently he is chief in charge of holding up the boards with how long is left in a quarter :moustache:

I would love to see someone so passionate about Gold Coast/QLD footy formally recognised if he hasn't already. Hell, could even name our interchange bench after the great man :cool:

Get around Barry Lowe, Gold Coast SUNS legend!

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 9.42.19 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 9.16.18 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back