Streaming Barry

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost like they ran out of budget. And ideas. This season has been awful compared to the others.
yep. So disappointing

The first 4 episodes were fairly decent too

I think that ep was a lot better and made me laugh a few times. But is has just come back to where we were pre time jump except now we have Barry's son in the mix which seems the be a way to redeem Barry as he genuinely cares for him.

The kids reaction to learning his mothers real name was well done.
And Gene's 180 (not that I believed his intentions were pure) after DDL wanted to play him and convos around that were quite funny.
Plus the discussion about how to handle any killing around Fuch's new wife and step daughter. "play fast n furious really loud"

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think that ep was a lot better and made me laugh a few times. But is has just come back to where we were pre time jump except now we have Barry's son in the mix which seems the be a way to redeem Barry as he genuinely cares for him.

The kids reaction to learning his mothers real name was well done.
And Gene's 180 (not that I believed his intentions were pure) after DDL wanted to play him and convos around that were quite funny.
Plus the discussion about how to handle any killing around Fuch's new wife and step daughter. "play fast n furious really loud"

It had some funny bits, but I still think the show has really gone off the rails the second half of this season.

The 'twist' of them thinking Gene and Barry are working together really doesn't work when the audience knows they aren't.

As for Moss leaving an ex-military serial killer (barely) tied up in his garage, so he can go off and surprise Gene :rolleyes:

It had some funny bits, but I still think the show has really gone off the rails the second half of this season.

The 'twist' of them thinking Gene and Barry are working together really doesn't work when the audience knows they aren't.

As for Moss leaving an ex-military serial killer (barely) tied up in his garage, so he can go off and surprise Gene :rolleyes:

Yeah I was thinking that same thing about Barry getting loose. Moss has been so diligent throughout this show he would never be that sloppy.
Plus I dont know what was going on with the VR scene.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah I was thinking that same thing about Barry getting loose. Moss has been so diligent throughout this show he would never be that sloppy.
Plus I dont know what was going on with the VR scene.

Yeah, like how is he showing Barry clips of his son and Gene?

How did Barry cut his hand so badly trying to pick that lock?

Why did Sally hallucinate that police officer, or maybe she wasn't hallucinating it ... I don't really care.

There has been way too much stuff this season which has made no sense.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
From HBO on Foxtel. Drop everything, you have to watch this. Excellent comedy with some great characters.

When you get to Season 2 ep 5 which just showed tonight, you’ll thank me.
Will become a classic.
Just a question about Barry, of which I have seen only a couple of episodes, something in one episode put me off as I watched what looked like a
supernatural character or activity, still can't exactly remember what, but it seemed that it made the show an off the wall thing, and put me off .

I didn't know the show well.
What I have discovered is that it actually is meant to be a bit weird comedy sort of.
With a hitman come budding actor that kills people for money .
So I may see it in a different context and try again. So here goes, the end of an episode Barry was outside night time and some thing perhaps a vampire took off into the sky, that I thought put the show into a different genre rather than a weird story about a criminal hitman. Put me off.

So can anyone tell me if that is how theshow developes ,as supernatural, they drive me up the wall I like stuff about real stuff.

And after watching Get Shorty the TV series, I can see, that some gangsters may like the entertainment industry.
Or for that matter Christopher Maltisanti. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Just a question about Barry, of which I have seen only a couple of episodes, something in one episode put me off as I watched what looked like a
supernatural character or activity, still can't exactly remember what, but it seemed that it made the show an off the wall thing, and put me off .

I didn't know the show well.
What I have discovered is that it actually is meant to be a bit weird comedy sort of.
With a hitman come budding actor that kills people for money .
So I may see it in a different context and try again. So here goes, the end of an episode Barry was outside night time and some thing perhaps a vampire took off into the sky, that I thought put the show into a different genre rather than a weird story about a criminal hitman. Put me off.

So can anyone tell me if that is how theshow developes ,as supernatural, they drive me up the wall I like stuff about real stuff.

And after watching Get Shorty the TV series, I can see, that some gangsters may like the entertainment industry.
Or for that matter Christopher Maltisanti. Thanks.
There aint anything supernatural in this show. Some pyschological stuff going on in barrys head but nothing magical.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Was way behind with a busy last couple of months but now caught up, just in time for it to end.

I'm willing to wait until tomorrow before I judge the show's final four episodes - certainly it deserves credit for being willing to roll the dice midway through its final season (much like Succession and its third episode of this season).

I feel like it's a big loss to have both this and Succession end tomorrow - aside Stranger Things (also due to finish), I'm not sure there are other "appointment series" going at the moment. Maybe this heralds the final nail in the coffin for the "Golden Age of Television".

I'll certainly miss Barry, and look forward to it in the future having the monster audience it deserved.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Was way behind with a busy last couple of months but now caught up, just in time for it to end.

I'm willing to wait until tomorrow before I judge the show's final four episodes - certainly it deserves credit for being willing to roll the dice midway through its final season (much like Succession and its third episode of this season).

I feel like it's a big loss to have both this and Succession end tomorrow - aside Stranger Things (also due to finish), I'm not sure there are other "appointment series" going at the moment. Maybe this heralds the final nail in the coffin for the "Golden Age of Television".

I'll certainly miss Barry, and look forward to it in the future having the monster audience it deserved.
The Golden Age of television died with Game of Thrones. Nothing else has come close to having it's following and cultural impact.

On Barry. It's been a decent but hardly mindblowing final season.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
There aint anything supernatural in this show. Some pyschological stuff going on in barrys head but nothing magical.
Thanks Seeds, I wasn't sure because I thought I'd keep it and watch, most people I know enjoy it, the flying thing in the air
in the episode that put me off, I thought it was Vampire stuff all over again. Thanks.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
The Golden Age of television died with Game of Thrones. Nothing else has come close to having it's following and cultural impact.

On Barry. It's been a decent but hardly mindblowing final season.
Pretty sure the golden age refers to quality. Not cultural impact.

ps. I would argue squid game has had just as big if not bigger cultural impact for a single season.

Neither shows are in my top 10.

The last 4 years has been a little weaker on quality but i think the pandemic has upset the tv landscape a bit. And now so will the writers strike. But it should bounce back after.

succession, mrs maisel, chernobyl, dopesick, queens gambit have all been very high quality shows released over this period. Barry has been a pretty solid one as well although not quite at their level.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So a few things:
  • Overall, thought it was done pretty well. Most things wrapped up nicely.
  • Not sure I'm happy with Fuches just walking off into the distance.
  • The gun fight with Noho was very underwhelming and understated. What was it, 6 guys each?
  • Pretty happy with Cousineau killing Barry, really made sense for ruining his life.
  • Sally annoyed me pretty well throughout the show and her ending was fitting for that. Conceded she was a murderer, conveniently ignored that when it suited her.

• And finally, Noho is still one of my fav characters of all time. Absolutely hilarious character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back