Bartel announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

If it is the end, thanks for the memories champ, will forever be known as gentleman jim who was an ornament to our club and the game.

Been an all around great of the club and the game. Time has definitely come on jimbob. Thanks for everything but it's definitely the right decision.

tumblr_inline_ng11yxbq5x1rzm9ho.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still thought with the beard gone he would have gained a yard and turned it up. AA BM and NS. 4th 300 gamer. Will be annointed to legend status. Beat the hawks with single kicks. :brokenheart:
Is he the most decorated player in Cats history? If he isn't he'd go bloody close

Is he the most decorated player in Cats history? If he isn't he'd go bloody close

I can't think of anyone else.

Been an absolute champion and a pleasure to watch his career. With Chappy, the best big game players I've seen since following the Cats for over 40 years. But it's the right time in my opinion. He goes out whilst he still had a bit left in the tank.

All things must pass. I feel he has delayed his announcement so as not to steal any of Boris' well deserved accolades. What a humble, teammate focussed champion!
Yes, I feel a level of grief with him retiring, but how much better is this than the disrespectful treatment by Hawthorn/Mitchell or North Melbourne/Harvey.

All things must pass. I feel he has delayed his announcement so as not to steal any of Boris' well deserved accolades. What a humble, teammate focussed champion!
Yes, I feel a level of grief with him retiring, but how much better is this than the disrespectful treatment by Hawthorn/Mitchell or North Melbourne/Harvey.
Hope he anounces in next two ays so gfc have cap space required to trade

How lucky are we that he played for our club? Jimmy is an absolute legend, one of my favourites, so many great memories, have always loved going to the footy and yelling out "yessssss JIMMY!!!!!" When he got the ball or kicked a goal.

Sad if he does retire but I genuinely think it is the right call, no longer can he take 'those' marks, he lost a yard in pace and his kicking too.

Bartel and Enright gone in the same year, say it ain't so :(

If this is the end... well jeez..

What a bloody pleasure it has been watching.
It's probably not the time to pick faves but 2 of my jimmy alll time memories will be that curling left foot goal in Q1 of the '07 GF, and his 2nd quarter in particular of the '11 GF.. where it felt like he and Selwood literally kept us in the game (his whole game was pretty fantastic mind you)

A footballers footballer
A star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back