Other Teams
Tottenham

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Scoop has reported leadership tension between Bartlett and PJ.

Bartlett is good mates with Brian Cook and is trying to bring him to MFC.
Glenn 'Yankees' Bartlett should probably just stfu and let PJ do whatever the damn well he wants. bloke has always seemed the odd one out of him, PJ and Roos.

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
Why is Bartlett pissing off somebody who has done so much for us?
Well if it's true, he thinks he can land Cook but PJ has proven he can perform at a lower level club. He has runs on the board and has indicated he wants to stay on. This is nuts IMO if true.

I hope our president isn't a cowboy - after the whole New York Yankees thing though I'm a little nervous.

See what happens I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm seriously going to email the club and throw all my support behind PJ if there is any truth to this. I would encourage others to do the same. The progress we have made as a club under PJ and Roos can not be undermined by the fantasies of a bumbling club president. We all love PJ and recognise his cool headed, no-bullish!t approach to running this club, his realism and professionalism have been a breath of fresh air.

we cannot go back to the old days.

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
I'm seriously going to email the club and throw all my support behind PJ if there is any truth to this. I would encourage others to do the same. The progress we have made as a club under PJ and Roos can not be undermined by the fantasies of a bumbling club president. We all love PJ and recognise his cool headed, no-bullish!t approach to running this club, his realism and professionalism have been a breath of fresh air.

we cannot go back to the old days.
I haven't rung up the club for non-membership reasons since I was pissed to the eyeballs after the 2000 GF and wanted to congratulate Schwarta for being the only one to have a crack but I'll ring them up over this **** big time!

LeverPuller

BigFooty Tanker
Jun 23, 2011
Q49, Olympic Stand
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks
I haven't rung up the club for non-membership reasons since I was pissed to the eyeballs after the 2000 GF and wanted to congratulate Schwarta for being the only one to have a crack but I'll ring them up over this **** big time!
Sent abuse twice. Once after 186, second after the North Melbourne game 2 years ago.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know this is all based on a rumour but I'm absolutely filthy with this development. Destabilization and unrealistic pipe dreams are toxic for this club, this latest move by Bartlett reminds me of Paul McNamee trying to lure Johnathan Brown to the club once. Let the club know if you feel the same way.

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Bartlett never really had me sold from day one, says stupid stuff like lets change the song, or be more like an american sporting club. This one tops it though, despite Brian Cooks good record if it isn't broke don't fix it. Jackson pulled this club off the ground and i'll be damned if we go back down because of some ambitious president.

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
I get that Brian Cook is a great CEO, but as soon as I think of the administrators of our club trying to get their mates on board I dread. We need professionals not friends.
Well said.

PJ is a smooth operator, independent rather than one of the boys, dedicated to the cause and has shown our club great respect in his tenure.

The type of CEO the club has been crying out for. Now this ****.

Top Bottom