FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Lets not forget Hamish McLaughlin at the north vs demons game.

The camera pans to lindsay thomas looking on from the stands.

"Daniel Wells watching on". Mother******, he doesn't even play for north anymore!
Imbecile kept calling Callum Brown "Moore" today - because they just look so similar, only about a 7 inch height difference

I'm glad I found this thread. Basil is easily the worst commentator going around in the AFL.

At least with BT and Derwayneee it is just yelling which you can drown out. Basil goes on with these shitty jokes which seem to be for his own sick enjoyment and his calling of the game is atrocious. It goes beyond mere annoyance for me now. He makes me angry.

I'm glad I found this thread. Basil is easily the worst commentator going around in the AFL.

At least with BT and Derwayneee it is just yelling which you can drown out. Basil goes on with these shitty jokes which seem to be for his own sick enjoyment and his calling of the game is atrocious. It goes beyond mere annoyance for me now. He makes me angry.
He also has a habit of picking the worst times to go into some yawnworthy player back story that you can tell he's just been itching to use.

I think he's great. Sure he is having a great laugh kicking back in his mansion enjoying all the rubbish posted by keyboard warriors from their mum's basement

From the Derwayne thread..
I love his calls and think he is in career best form. All the whinging on here is just jealousy from keyboard warriors and tall poppy syndrome.

You need some new material mate.

How cute! I have a fan who remembers posts I made ages ago! My very own stalker...

My point still stands about Basil though
Don't flatter yourself sunshine. Just someone with a good memory for crap trolls, especially when it's essentially the same post.

Maybe you should check out the BT and Luke Darcy threads if you haven't already. :)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
How cute! I have a fan who remembers posts I made ages ago! My very own stalker...

My point still stands about Basil though
Do you have some kind of super tv where you can delay pictures by 2-3 seconds to synch up to his commentary?

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
He went in to a joke earlier where the premise was based on him saying that Daniel Ricciardo is the number one ticket holder for West Coast. The other commentators groaned about it.

I didn't hear the joke because I was already correcting him by saying Daniel Ricciardo is not our number one ticket holder! Julie Bishop is. Dickhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine on the one broadcast:

Dwayne Russell
Basil Zempilas
Tony Shaw
Dermott Brereton
200.webp

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He went in to a joke earlier where the premise was based on him saying that Daniel Ricciardo is the number one ticket holder for West Coast. The other commentators groaned about it.

I didn't hear the joke because I was already correcting him by saying Daniel Ricciardo is not our number one ticket holder! Julie Bishop is. Dickhead.

The joke involved a shoe

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
And the premise of it was based on an incorrect fact. Could you get a more Basil moment than that?

He has his prepared statements and he'll insert them anyway he likes. Even if it makes no sense or based on lies.

Remember this from Basil on Mason Cox?

"From Oklahoma State University... everything is bigger in Texas"

Did anyone else here him say something about a wce player having long eyes. Then the play continued on for another 15 seconds and they we're discussing something and you hear basil say "good poker face". No context and nothing to do with the play/what the other commentators were talking about.

I just know it was re the long eyes comment. Basil makes me want to self harm.

Back