FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

If I'd never heard Basil and Darcy commentate before I would've sworn they were having a competition on who can make the most errors. But of course it's just because they're both awful.

Glass now plays for Carlton not Byrne. Sam Mitchell is now playing for Hawthorn again. Basil calling out Carlton for being undisciplined when it was Hawthorn giving away a 50m penalty. That was just a couple of minutes worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

If I'd never heard Basil and Darcy commentate before I would've sworn they were having a competition on who can make the most errors. But of course it's just because they're both awful.

Glass now plays for Carlton now Byrne. Sam Mitchell is now playing for Hawthorn again. Basil calling out Carlton for being undisciplined when it was Hawthorn giving away a 50m penalty. That was just a couple of minutes worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's really amateur the AFL media.

That's what you get when you put ex players in there, and not professionals.

What amazes me that seven have a gun commentator in Jason Bennett who serves as a fill in for the full time 'commentators' like Basil and Darcy. Basil needs to be put on sunrise and far far away from an afl commentary box. Darcy is acceptable as a special comments person so put him there and have Bennett replace Basil on Saturday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard him in North's game the other week when Larkey debuted. Used the "unlarkey" (unlucky) pun and nobody acknowledged it so he kept using it til somebody would acknowledge it :$

He tries so hard to be humourous and it fails every single time.

Just put Bennett on there and be done with it.

I hope so for Bennett's sake

o9hnEzi.gif

The 12 days of Christmas pun tonite (substituting with Eagles players names) was a shocker...
4 wilsons, 3 materas, 2 ??, and a Partington in a Petrie...
I think could hear the other commentators just groan in the background with that crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back