FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know where he came from? Could make for an interesting story.
His uncle was the Chief Magistrate when he (Basil) was playing for West Perth and he had his lung punctured by East Perth's Stephen Hooper. No report was made at the time but being Chief Magistrate Uncle Con Zempilas allegedly used his position to direct the WAFL tribunal to investigate. The tribunal consisted of a couple of other magistrates at the time who were Uncle Con's underlings. Hooper ended up getting charged and suspended, so the story goes...;)

His TV career beginnings apparently also consisted of family influence.

His uncle was the Chief Magistrate when he (Basil) was playing for West Perth and he had his lung punctured by East Perth's Stephen Hooper. No report was made at the time but being Chief Magistrate Uncle Con Zempilas allegedly used his position to direct the WAFL tribunal to investigate. The tribunal consisted of a couple of other magistrates at the time who were Uncle Con's underlings. Hooper ended up getting charged and suspended, so the story goes...;)

His TV career beginnings apparently also consisted of family influence

Hardly surprising, it's not as if he got there on talent or charisma.

Yeah it's all starting to make sense now. Should have known.

There's no doubt he's trying to be Dennis Cometti V2.0. Unfortunately for him Dennis' puns and witticisms were also interspersed with great calling of the game using a voice that was made to be listened to, something that Basil will never achieve even if his puns and witticisms improved out of sight. Which they won't.

The rumour's from the Trade Whisperer, so grain of salt, as much as I'd like it to happen. He says Ling's getting the can too, and that JB is being courted
That would be a step in the right direction. Basil and Ling are insufferable... the rest are ok. I could probably make do sans Hamish but clearly that's never going to happen.

So there isn't anything worst he is the worst then?

Even worst than Snakes on a plane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 12 days of Christmas pun tonite (substituting with Eagles players names) was a shocker...
4 wilsons, 3 materas, 2 ??, and a Partington in a Petrie...
I think could hear the other commentators just groan in the background with that crap.
He was boasting on morning radio about that line and how clever he was that he thought it up.

Such a douche.

His TV career beginnings apparently also consisted of family influence.

He played in a Reserves scratch match against Swan Districts at Leederville Oval in 1993 or 94. During a passage of play he ran into the goal post. Unfortunatelty the protective pads were never taken down after the last game at Leederville the previous year and were a lot harder than normal. He ended up with a severe gash on his head. I think that was his last game as he was just starting his career with 7 around the same time.

He played in a Reserves scratch match against Swan Districts at Leederville Oval in 1993 or 94. During a passage of play he ran into the goal post. Unfortunatelty the protective pads were never taken down after the last game at Leederville the previous year and were a lot harder than normal. He ended up with a severe gash on his head. I think that was his last game as he was just starting his career with 7 around the same time.
it's a shame he was never able to recover

Remove this Banner Ad

Back