FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me how else could you **** up the awards ceremony for the whole of the tennis world to see? By having basil announce, that’s how

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennis Australia President is clearly a channel 7 plant to make Basil look good in comparison. :$

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Zero personality.
Boring.
No authority.

And they are his good points.

Beggars belief he is used to do these things.

Thought he handled the presentations on both Saturday and Sunday with aplomb. Better than McAvaney, I reckon.

Thanks Mrs. Zemplias. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Either really. Clearly someone with a vested interest.
"Clearly someone with a vested interest" Really! Does being a SM confer on you special observational powers not accessible to us plebs?:p

I've never been a fan of Zempilas's calling and have said as much in the past. But credit where it's due, I thought he handled the presentations extremely well. Much to my surprise.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Basil is not the worst at scripted presentations or TV segments. However, he simply isn't suited at all for play by play. No emotion and his brain seems to operate too slowly for it. Putting Basil on play by play is like playing a goalkeeper as a striker.

Glad his roster will be reduced this season, if the rumours are true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back