Basil Zempilas

Remove this Banner Ad

I can actually watch the Footy with Basil with the audio not muted. Compared to guys like Dwayne Russell and BT the guy is a god. Hopefully he keeps the gig long term.

I admit he wasn't so bad last night, the actual game took the focus of the commentary away.
Still did not miss Bruce's fawning over Cyril Rioli either.

Thought he was fine with Commetti, they worked well together, no bullshit - just called the game.

He called Harry Taylor a veteran when he rushed that behind late. He's 26 hardly a veteran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone happy at all? It seems the internet has given the whinger a massive platform to just whinge.

"Don't like him, don;t like this, this annoys me, he annoys me , she annoys, people on tv annoy me, everything annoys me..brb gonna whinge about it on the internet"

Yeah i am as ironic as it sounds.

I have just come from being OS for nearly a decade and i have to say when did australians become massive whingers? Since i been back i have heard nothing but whinge about this and whinge about that.

I can actually watch the Footy with Basil with the audio not muted. Compared to guys like Dwayne Russell and BT the guy is a god. Hopefully he keeps the gig long term.

Agree - makes a difference when a commentator realises that the game is not all about them.
Also nice to have a Friday without Bruce & his gushing over certain players.

He's not as good as his father Dennis. But is an alright caller. Doesn't talk crap at least.

That's fantastic, thanks mate!
He's clearly very knowledgeable, just opens his mouth before he has articulated his words too often.
Yep - as someone mentioned, he played for West Perth in the WAFL.

Extremely injury prone, however. He'd be out for a year, come back and play a few games and then injure himself again.

His old man was also chairman of the WAFL tribunal.

Yep - as someone mentioned, he played for West Perth in the WAFL.

Extremely injury prone, however. He'd be out for a year, come back and play a few games and then injure himself again.

Former #1 draft pick for Geelong Steven Hooper actually ended Basil's footy career. In a East v West perth game he caught Baz in the throat with a knee in a ruck contest at the centre bounce and poor old Basil never got over it.

Luke Priddis (Matt Priddis)
Eric McGregor (MacKenzie)
Beau Watters
Ashley Selwood (Adam)
Hurn & McGinnity are apparently the same person
Kennedy & Lynch are also the same person
LeCoski & Cras

These are just a few of the f-ups commentators have done with our players in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back