Basil Zempilas

Walsh Bay

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2004
Sydney's West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You wonder what standards of professionalism mean in the commentary business sometimes.
God knows what they're paid but I'll wager it would make most of our eyes water. Is some simple elemental research i.e.having the players names locked in, too much to ask?

Brad Boyd ffs. It's not as the dogs captain is some newbie off a rookie list.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
You wonder what standards of professionalism mean in the commentary business sometimes.

There aren't any standards. Jobs are handed out to mates, regardless of their ability to call a game. TV callers are an extention of the media and, let's face it, there are some real knobs in that field. For some reason, bosses of papers, tv networks, etc, seem to think the more people complain about these knobs, the more successful they must be.

You only have to look at that prized one idiot Ando who is on Channel 7 each Sunday morning. He brings absolutely nothing to the show, he really has no idea about football, and all he does is sit there with a smug look on his face, passing smartarsed comments about things that don't matter ... but he gets a gig, God only knows why.

Strauchanside

Team Captain
May 19, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Just another in a long line of ordinary broadcasters in this country.
He really doesn't warrant anymore attention, at least not from me.

soyouthink10

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was actually bloody good tonight. Shocked me. Him and Dennis worked well togeather...wasnt so much crap talk...maybe its tge biggest hack of all hamish that brimgs him down

Back