Basil Zempilas

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
what the * was he on about tonight with liam patrick??

would probably be sacrificed if this was roman times.

Walsh Bay

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2004
Sydney's West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep. Way too many superannuated ex footballers with nothing particularly insightful to offer.
Which makes it all the more important that the 'professional' callers and commentators know their stuff.

Jdoggy

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did anyone hear his Chinese Year of the Rabbit remark in Carlton vs Essendon??
me bein asian n my white neighbour already takin the piss out of him, and then he makes that call of intelligence...Year of the Dragon ya hack...

The Swert

Premiership Player
May 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He needs to stop trying get people suspended. He's worse than Michael Christian and Andy Maher in that regard now. As if Buddy making contact with the goal umpire needs to be looked out by the Match Review Panel. What a tool.

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
This afternoon during Geelong vs. Sydney, he was talking about Nathan Vardy apparently bowling a perfect game at some Geelong bowling event and then said proudly (paraphrasing) "And did you know, Hame (sic), that in reaching the perfect game, Vardy bowled 12 straight strikes!?" :eek:

There was a brief pause before Harley gently suggested that the only way to bowl a perfect game was by bowling 12 straight strikes. Basil then muttered something about "strikes and spares" before Hamish interjected and saved Basil from further embarrassment. Was cringeworthy TV.

ajdude

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
i have a theory that instead of flying basil from perth to melbourne for today's game, ch7 invested in the basil 3000 some time ago

2VQvG.jpg

well hot dog ricky henderson, we have a wiener

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Last night when Magic Daw and Nic Nat went up in ruck together for the first time he refered to it as "A significant moment in football". Why ?

I thought it was in reference to a Sudanese born player up against a player with Fijian parents going head to head. Probably not that significant, but a bit all the same.

Back