Basil Zempilas

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read ch 7’s announcement of their ‘talent’ for their AFL coverage for 2021. 22 names listed - which is amazing in itself, but Basil not one of them.

Thanks to the good people of Perth for voting him mayor so the rest of us don‘t have to be subjected to his commentary. I won’t have to mute the tv when he’s on. Yay!!!

already making "friends"

Late to the party here, but what a surreal article. It's hard to top a line like "Lord Mayor Basil Zempalis" but I reckon the following beats it

"Mr Zempilas then offered transgender radio listeners a $100 Retravision voucher if they called in to share their thoughts"

Just read ch 7’s announcement of their ‘talent’ for their AFL coverage for 2021. 22 names listed - which is amazing in itself, but Basil not one of them.

Thanks to the good people of Perth for voting him mayor so the rest of us don‘t have to be subjected to his commentary. I won’t have to mute the tv when he’s on. Yay!!!
Next stop Sky News

He’s baaaaaaack

Doing the commentary for the swimming in the Olympics. Has Thorpe and Leisle Jones as co- commentators but they barely get a word in. Just his endless, incessant dribble. Calls swimming about as well as he calls footy.

Currently getting excited about how a 20 year old girl ’feels’ after her Dad died of cancer 12 months ago. God he’s an insufferable knob

He’s baaaaaaack

Doing the commentary for the swimming in the Olympics. Has Thorpe and Leisle Jones as co- commentators but they barely get a word in. Just his endless, incessant dribble. Calls swimming about as well as he calls footy.

Currently getting excited about how a 20 year old girl ’feels’ after her Dad died of cancer 12 months ago. God he’s an insufferable knob

trying to work out who is worst … him or Hamish ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s baaaaaaack

the poor bastard - he will always be the Aldi version of Cometti - with a tenth of the talent or wit. Remember Dennis incredible swimming calls. I can't stand Baz's cringe making, obviously practiced, "Gold medal call preserved for history moments" make me want to spew.

Found it really annoying when being interviewed on Shinya that Zempilas said that when you are commentating on the Olympics, you have to treat it with more professionalism and respect than you do AFL.

20.21 in the first quarter (of the AFL Grand Final), we’re asking everyone in the stadium to stand for one minute and applaud — a nod to our friends around the country who are doing it tough & to let them know we’re with them in this difficult time,” Zempilas tweeted to his 20,000 followers.

Another brilliant Basil idea

*VOMIT*

20.21 in the first quarter (of the AFL Grand Final), we’re asking everyone in the stadium to stand for one minute and applaud — a nod to our friends around the country who are doing it tough & to let them know we’re with them in this difficult time,” Zempilas tweeted to his 20,000 followers.

Another brilliant Basil idea

*VOMIT*

First quarter of an AFL Grand Final? No thanks.

Basil reminds me of the saying, "The trouble with political jokes is they end up getting elected".
I loved watching South Park in the run up to the 2016 US Election it was brilliant as they made each episode on a weekly basis dependent on the s**t Trump was pulling, was glorious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back