Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped to the 2nd seed. Not sure it would really bother Lebron all that much, the only thing that matters to them is being healthy come playoff time.
Yeah, I'd just rather have the 4 home games in all our conference finals.
Yeah this

C's could still lose the series against any of those teams from 5-10 (Atl, Ind, Mil, Mia, Chi, Det) who end up in 8th
We just destroyed Indiana. I think we should make the semi's. More nervous about potentially playing Toronto

Yeah, I'd just rather have the 4 home games in all our conference finals.

We just destroyed Indiana. I think we should make the semi's. More nervous about potentially playing Toronto
Milwaukee and Miami would be interesting 1st round match ups for Boston, Indiana are pretty much irrelevant but Bucks and Heat would be two teams I'd be pretty wary of playing in the 1st round if I were the Celtics.

Milwaukee and Miami would be interesting 1st round match ups for Boston, Indiana are pretty much irrelevant but Bucks and Heat would be two teams I'd be pretty wary of playing in the 1st round if I were the Celtics.
Yep I'm with you. As a C's fan those two scare me. Giannis or Hassan could takeover and we have nobody to go with their length

Yep I'm with you. As a C's fan those two scare me. Giannis or Hassan could takeover and we have nobody to go with their length
Yeah the obvious exploitable part of Boston is their poor rebounding and also Isaiah on defense, Dragic/Whiteside with their compliment of shooters would be a really tough out first up and the Bucks have been great ever since Middleton came back and obv Giannis is Giannis who is just able to do almost anything.

How about this from Miami? Down by 13 at QT and halfway through the last are up by 6 vs Cleveland. Opens the gate for Boston to take top seeding (currently 10 points up vs Brooklyn with 3 minutes left).

Right now the playoffs are looking like:

Eastern

Boston vs Indiana
Cleveland vs Chicago
Toronto vs Milwaukee
Wizards vs Atlanta

Western

Golden State vs Portland
San Antonio vs Memphis
Houston vs Oklahoma City
LA Clippers vs Utah

Interestingly enough Chicago have a 4-0 record vs Cleveland this season.

Should be a few really fun 1st round match ups. Harden v Russ, Utah/Clips, SAS/Memphis, and all the east ones could go 6 or 7 games.
Right now (if those match-ups happen) I'd be guessing:

Boston 4-1 Indiana
Chicago 4-2 Cleveland
Toronto 4-2 Milwaukee
Washington 4-3 Atlanta

Golden State 4-0 Portland
San Antonio 4-2 Memphis
OKC 4-3 Houston
Utah 4-3 Clippers

Right now (if those match-ups happen) I'd be guessing:

Boston 4-1 Indiana
Chicago 4-2 Cleveland
Toronto 4-2 Milwaukee
Washington 4-3 Atlanta

Golden State 4-0 Portland
San Antonio 4-2 Memphis
OKC 4-3 Houston
Utah 4-3 Clippers
I would have it..

Boston 4-2 Indiana
Cavs 4-2 Bulls
Raps 4-3 Bucks
Wizards 4-1 Hawks

Warriors 4-0 Blazers
Spurs 4-1 Memphis
Rox 4-2 OKC
Clippers 4-3 Jazz

I would have it..

Boston 4-2 Indiana
Cavs 4-2 Bulls
Raps 4-3 Bucks
Wizards 4-1 Hawks

Warriors 4-0 Blazers
Spurs 4-1 Memphis
Rox 4-2 OKC
Clippers 4-3 Jazz
Tipping all the higher seeds I see. Boo!

Following this Miami vs Cavs OT is enthralling! I feel dirty for saying it but go Heat!

Tipping all the higher seeds I see. Boo!

Following this Miami vs Cavs OT is enthralling! I feel dirty for saying it but go Heat!
There's a bunch of those that could go either way, but the thing with 7 game series' is that most of the time the better team ends up winning, they might have a down game or two but normally evens out over 7 games, not really like AFL or NFL where there's single elimination games with more luck involved. The Bucks are a team I could see getting up with Giannis going off for a series, same with OKC and Russ.

Bulls obv went 4-0 in the reg season v the Cavs but Lebron teams are 16-0 the last 4 years in the first round, I'm not high on their championship chances but don't think they get blasted in the 1st round either.

There's a bunch of those that could go either way, but the thing with 7 game series' is that most of the time the better team ends up winning, they might have a down game or two but normally evens out over 7 games, not really like AFL or NFL where there's single elimination games with more luck involved. The Bucks are a team I could see getting up with Giannis going off for a series, same with OKC and Russ.

Bulls obv went 4-0 in the reg season v the Cavs but Lebron teams are 16-0 the last 4 years in the first round, I'm not high on their championship chances but don't think they get blasted in the 1st round either.
Yeah. It'll be interesting to watch. Right now I'm confident that if Boston win round 1 and avoid the Raptors we go through to the Final. Although I can't see GSW not winning it. Again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. It'll be interesting to watch. Right now I'm confident that if Boston win round 1 and avoid the Raptors we go through to the Final. Although I can't see GSW not winning it. Again.
They are certainly going to be a favourite against anyone, they're at such a huge talent advantage and know how to play with each other. I think the team best suited to upset them is the Rockets, about the only team who could get hot enough shooting 3s to get 4 wins off them.

Heat vs Wizards, Bulls vs Nets and Pacers vs Hawks. The final day will be huge for the East.
Wizards are locked at 4th, so they have nothing to play for. Atlanta could finish 5th or 6th and would probably rather head into playoffs with good form. Nets are dross so expect Bulls to overcome them.

Don't think so, pretty sure Cavs hold the tie breaker if they both end up at 51-31.
What is the tie breaker? I just assumed it was PD.

What is the tie breaker? I just assumed it was PD.
That is very low down the list.

Tiebreaker Basis
(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Division won-lost percentage
(4) Conference won-lost percentage
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(7) Net Points, all games

It still follows the highest vs lowest system, does it not? So Milwaukee, if that's right.
Okay. Wasn't sure whether it was highest vs lowest or your typical bracket system like they use in the tennis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back