Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay. Wasn't sure whether it was highest vs lowest or your typical bracket system like they use in the tennis.

I'm just on the NBA website and I was reminded there's always a bracket. It's the highest matchup vs the lowest, not necessarily the team who comes out of the matchup. Boston are 1st seed and have home court advantage, Washington are 4th seed and have home court advantage so the teams that come from these series will face each other, even if Chicago or Atlanta come out of that series.

I'm just on the NBA website and I was reminded there's always a bracket. It's the highest matchup vs the lowest, not necessarily the team who comes out of the matchup. Boston are 1st seed and have home court advantage, Washington are 4th seed and have home court advantage so the teams that come from these series will face each other, even if Chicago or Atlanta come out of that series.
Yep, it's a true bracket style system, doesn't flip flop

Nein. Boston are looking at Washington or Atlanta in the 2nd round. Winner of Milwaukee/Toronto plays the winner of Cleveland/Indiana.
Right now Cleveland look extremely vulnerable. I daresay they got lucky that they got probably the worst team of the top 9 this season IMO to play week one.

Right now Cleveland look extremely vulnerable. I daresay they got lucky that they got probably the worst team of the top 9 this season IMO to play week one.
That and PG13 not taking the final shot in game 1 (why would you give to CJ Miles? Just Joe Johnson ISO that s**t). He makes that, she'd be a different looking series

So Boston have won 1 quarter against the 8th seed in 2 home games against the Bulls :eek:

Let's go Bulls!

This, unfortunately. Need a dinosaur big against them. Drummond would've been a nice pickup.
Nah, Drummond blows, I'd hate to spend big money on him. I thought they should have traded for Jimmy B at the trade deadline, doesn't help their rebounding prob but they need a 2nd star, bulls have done a great job of crowding IT when he's coming off screens and forcing him to give it up or take bad shots.

Nah, Drummond blows, I'd hate to spend big money on him. I thought they should have traded for Jimmy B at the trade deadline, doesn't help their rebounding prob but they need a 2nd star, bulls have done a great job of crowding IT when he's coming off screens and forcing him to give it up or take bad shots.
Fair call. A fit Bogut maybe. Someone who'll give you boards, rim protection and sheer physical presence. Tristan Thompson mkII basically. I love Horford but he's too nice a player to be that guy.

I haven't seen today's game (working for the man) but you're right a second goto guy (Butler/PG13) would draw defense away from IT who while a star is still a borderline midget who can't just go over or through defenses like a KD/LBJ.

Fair call. A fit Bogut maybe. Someone who'll give you boards, rim protection and sheer physical presence. Tristan Thompson mkII basically. I love Horford but he's too nice a player to be that guy.

I haven't seen today's game (working for the man) but you're right a second goto guy (Butler/PG13) would draw defense away from IT who while a star is still a borderline midget who can't just go over or through defenses like a KD/LBJ.
There's only so much a 5'7 guy can do. Celtics are still positioned really well to compete for a long time but they need to draft great since they havn't decided to trade any of the brooklyn picks. There were guys available at the trade deadline for cheap tho which would have helped them a ton. Either of Nerlens Noel or Jusuf Nurkic would have been perfect and both went for peanuts relative to their actual value.

There's only so much a 5'7 guy can do. Celtics are still positioned really well to compete for a long time but they need to draft great since they havn't decided to trade any of the brooklyn picks. There were guys available at the trade deadline for cheap tho which would have helped them a ton. Either of Nerlens Noel or Jusuf Nurkic would have been perfect and both went for peanuts relative to their actual value.
Yeah I know what you mean, I've been high on Nurkic for a while and now that he gets to be the main euro big on his squad he's showing his wares. Nerlens is too 1 dimensional for me to be a major piece (I realize the stupidity in this statement after referencing TT above but you get it don't you?$

Just a pity the high end guys this season are smalls. Imagine KAT walking onto that roster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know what you mean, I've been high on Nurkic for a while and now that he gets to be the main euro big on his squad he's showing his wares. Nerlens is too 1 dimensional for me to be a major piece (I realize the stupidity in this statement after referencing TT above but you get it don't you?$

Just a pity the high end guys this season are smalls. Imagine KAT walking onto that roster
Nerlens is the perfect modern NBA center. He's an amazing rim protector, good pick n roll defender, has the quickest hands I've seen for a guy that size on D, can switch on to smalls and on offense he's a great pick n roll guy and a constant lob threat and his jumper/free throw has gotten better. He'll be a perennial defensive player of the year contender starting next year when he can actually get the time to ball out.

But yeh, I get that he's not an offensive superstar and a guy you can give the ball to and get a bucket, but he's great, watched him for 3 years in Philly, he'll be getting a lot of plaudits next season, he'd be great on this celtics team. 2 biggest needs for them are a rim protecting/rebounding big and another star wing player.

Celtics will have around 30mil in cap room in the off season. Should be an interesting one for them, wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the trigger draft day on a star trade.

This is the end of the line for this season for them, but getting the #1 pick is a pretty nice consolation prize.
Jeez I hope you're wrong :D. Even though nobody will beat GSW

Ugh, boring.

Imagine going for a team that's not the Cavs or GSW.

It's a sad reality. NBA super teams are not good for the game. No-one I know cares enough to meet up and watch the finals anymore. It's a problem.

Yeah, same here. It's not a great product at the moment. I'm always completely entrenched in the NHL play offs, and this post season has been incredible (despite my team getting whitewashed), and finding myself watching more MLB than I am NBA. NBA has kind of become a after thought for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back