Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just watching his game v Pelicans...it’s really hard to predict his trajectory because he is totally unique. He is actually the unicorn of all unicorns. Never seen anything like him before, doubt we see it again anytime soon.

I totally get what you are saying but he just finishes EVERYTHING when he gets to the hoop. And he still 20. And he’s not even in shape.

The only thing I do feel confident in accurately predicting - he’s needs to drop weight and get lean or he will really struggle to stay healthy.Imagine the strain that combination of size and explosiveness puts on the body.
Yeah, his finishing is absolutely ridiculous. Just floats in the air and re-adjust as the situation calls for, that's one thing he's arguably the best in the league at already.

He's young and I'm probably just going early, but I do think he'll need to expand his game so he doesn't get "walled" out of playoff games like Giannis or Simmons have found themselves in previous years. The defense is a big issue as well, but there's not too many guys of his pedigree that come in and are good NBA defenders 50 games into their career, so I think that can be improved, especially given his insane athletic tools.

I’m gonna guess it’s not super serious.
It looks like a hyper extension rather than a twist and Embiid has shown many times that he has the pain threshold of a small child.

I really, really hope I’m right.
I mean, he played this game with a torn MCL....Which was also done in a similar way when he came down on a dunk like that vs Portland, that's why I'm worried since he's done it in a similar fashion before.

Hyper extension would be the best case scenario, I'd probably writh in pain as well if I was 7' 280pounds and my knee exploded like that.

I mean, he played this game with a torn MCL....Which was also done in a similar way when he came down on a dunk like that vs Portland, that's why I'm worried since he's done it in a similar fashion before.

Hyper extension would be the best case scenario, I'd probably writh in pain as well if I was 7' 280pounds and my knee exploded like that.

Not saying I’m not worried....

Just saying that sometimes with Joel you need to take his reponse to pain with a grain of salt.

Not saying I’m not worried....

Just saying that sometimes with Joel you need to take his reponse to pain with a grain of salt.
Yes, I suppose he has had a tendency to overplay some in the moment. I actually think JJ Redick roasted him about being a bit of a drama queen when Embiid was on his pod.

Yes, I suppose he has had a tendency to overplay some in the moment. I actually think JJ Redick roasted him about being a bit of a drama queen when Embiid was on his pod.
Thanks God,.....
“Philadelphia Sixers star Joel Embiid's MRI showed no structural damage to his left knee, just a bone bruise. ACL and meniscus are fine. No timeline yet on a return.” - Woj

Thanks God,.....
“Philadelphia Sixers star Joel Embiid's MRI showed no structural damage to his left knee, just a bone bruise. ACL and meniscus are fine. No timeline yet on a return.” - Woj
Yeah thank christ. Just keep him out as long as necessary, the MVP would have been cool but hopefully that doesn't play into rushing him back. Time for Ben & Tobi to earn their money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orlando blew it up. I am glad they finally pulled the trigger. Still, it's going to be a long year of sports got me...
Probably a couple of years too late, really. Missed the boat on getting good value for Aaron Gordon. I guess they can be legit bad now next season instead of constantly middling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back