Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty fun game with both teams a bit undermanned, Clippers just shot an unreal percentage from 3. Nice to see two stars playing well and battling it out.
I drifted away from the game As life intervened....just checked the score and it got pretty damn close. Will check the replay later.

Ben would be unhappy with PG dropping 37 on him...

I drifted away from the game As life intervened....just checked the score and it got pretty damn close. Will check the replay later.

Ben would be unhappy with PG dropping 37 on him...
He never really guarded him until towards the end, but PG was just making tough shots all game, played really well.

Nobody can heat up quite like Steph.....he goes to a level with his shooting that no other player has ever gotten close to. He’s amazing.

At least in part it shows the difference a really good coach makes.
I put it more to the make up of the team and having proper structure. I don't think Doc has changed a ton besides Embiid playing more at the elbow. It just really helps not having a bunch of non-shooters around Embiid clogging everything up and having a few more guys who can dribble and attack close outs.

I put it more to the make up of the team and having proper structure. I don't think Doc has changed a ton besides Embiid playing more at the elbow. It just really helps not having a bunch of non-shooters around Embiid clogging everything up and having a few more guys who can dribble and attack close outs.
I think he’s pretty responsible for Tobias Harris upswing…which is a pretty important outcome.

I think he’s pretty responsible for Tobias Harris upswing…which is a pretty important outcome.
Yeah, that's fair considering his best two seasons have come under Doc. But also, it kind of matches up again with better roster construction and better spacing given he's another guy who likes to operate in the midrange vs being a high volume 3pt shooter. I still think he could huck more 3's (only at 3.4 attempts a game), but he's still been a massive improvement on last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc playing all bench units in the playoffs to extended periods of time ain't gonna cut it.
Wouldn’t have expected to lose to Hawks where you get 39 from Embiid and decent production from Simmons and Harris.

Defending small, super-quick guards has long been an issue for Sixers and it looks Trae did the business (haven’t seen game).

Time to go with 8 man rotation you think?

Wouldn’t have expected to lose to Hawks where you get 39 from Embiid and decent production from Simmons and Harris.

Defending small, super-quick guards has long been an issue for Sixers and it looks Trae did the business (haven’t seen game).

Time to go with 8 man rotation you think?
I didn't see the game, either so I can only go off the box-score and reading what some others observed. You're right tho in that this has been a trouble with this team for years, guarding those small, creative guards who operate in pick n roll which makes this a dangerous series.

The box score shows all the Sixers starters with a positive +/-, with Embiid +13 in his 38mins, and shock horror they struggled without him off the floor, another common theme. So, they def can't go with all bench line ups, would think Tobias has to anchor those line ups if they're going to sit Ben and Jo at the same time. It sounds like they did adjust to that for the second half, but without seeing it I'm not sure of exact causes.

I didn't see the game, either so I can only go off the box-score and reading what some others observed. You're right tho in that this has been a trouble with this team for years, guarding those small, creative guards who operate in pick n roll which makes this a dangerous series.

The box score shows all the Sixers starters with a positive +/-, with Embiid +13 in his 38mins, and shock horror they struggled without him off the floor, another common theme. So, they def can't go with all bench line ups, would think Tobias has to anchor those line ups if they're going to sit Ben and Jo at the same time. It sounds like they did adjust to that for the second half, but without seeing it I'm not sure of exact causes.

Most of the damage was done in the first qtr with all the starters on the court. Young torched them, if he wasn't scoring he was setting up scores. Atlanta also hit 20 3s for the game, over half their fg attempts were from beyond the arc. Simmons was switched onto Young after half time but got into quick foul trouble so they had to move him off. The +/- for the starters looked good due to the comeback in the fourth.

Game 2 was different for two reasons. Intensity on defence all over the court was better and Simmons started on Young and stayed out of foul trouble.

If Kyrie is badly hurt that could be it for Brooklyn.

Phoenix is so fun to watch. Rarely seems like there's any deadwood on the court and Paul has such high IQ. (despite Denver going on a run as I type this!)

Loving how open this playoffs is, with so many likeable teams left. Clippers are the only ones I wouldn't want to win it.

If Kyrie is badly hurt that could be it for Brooklyn.

Phoenix is so fun to watch. Rarely seems like there's any deadwood on the court and Paul has such high IQ. (despite Denver going on a run as I type this!)

Loving how open this playoffs is, with so many likeable teams left. Clippers are the only ones I wouldn't want to win it.
Reckon at some point NBA will really crack down further on players entering the landing space of the guy with the ball…..If that was a three point shot by Kyrie it absolutely gets called a foul, not sure why the rules wouldn’t apply on any other type of shot.

Kyrie may or may not get up for the next game but he’ll be significantly limited if he does. He rolled it really hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back