Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not that bad….you want him as the number 4 guy on your team though. Not number 2 or 3.
He can't be that with his skillset though. He needs to pound the air out of the ball to be able to do anything. He had like a 5 gam stretch to start the season where it looked like he was finally making quick decisions and firing off 3's instead of pump faking wide open shots into 2's but he's gone back to old habits. You need that 3rd/4th guy to play off stars and comlpiment them, not run their own race.

He can't be that with his skillset though. He needs to pound the air out of the ball to be able to do anything. He had like a 5 gam stretch to start the season where it looked like he was finally making quick decisions and firing off 3's instead of pump faking wide open shots into 2's but he's gone back to old habits. You need that 3rd/4th guy to play off stars and comlpiment them, not run their own race.
Oh I get that frustration….I thought Doc would coach that out of him but it hasn’t stuck.

Suck it up princess. I lived through an offence of J'O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest (ha, auto corrected to Arrest!) and Al Harrington.

The Sixers stink, but at least they're not the Celtics. They're brutal to watch, just heaving 3s with little no ball movement.
Yeah….the Tatum/Brown combo doesn’t seem to be taking them anywhere. I like both of them but they aren’t clicking.

They are both young(ish)…maybe they get one more year but o think after than the Celts will seriously look at their options.

Yeah….the Tatum/Brown combo doesn’t seem to be taking them anywhere. I like both of them but they aren’t clicking.

They are both young(ish)…maybe they get one more year but o think after than the Celts will seriously look at their options.
They really suffer from not having a good pg, they're both scorers and they're being tasked to be the ball handlers and create but it's just not something they can do, not regularly anyway outside of some games where they'll make some passes. Tatum too busy just heaving step back long 2s and 3s all game. As much as i've been on the they don't work together wagon, it's also hard to justify trading either since getting that sort of talent is hard to come by.

They really suffer from not having a good pg, they're both scorers and they're being tasked to be the ball handlers and create but it's just not something they can do, not regularly anyway outside of some games where they'll make some passes. Tatum too busy just heaving step back long 2s and 3s all game. As much as i've been on the they don't work together wagon, it's also hard to justify trading either since getting that sort of talent is hard to come by.
It feels like a combo that SHOULD work.

You’re right…a proper pg would help.

Marcus Smart is not a PG. Love him, but there is your problem sttucture wise.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

It feels like a combo that SHOULD work.

You’re right…a proper pg would help.

So they need a PG who can pass but not shoot?

Philadelphia 76Ers Yes GIF by NBA

So they need a PG who can pass but not shoot?

Philadelphia 76Ers Yes GIF by NBA
Is he a proper pg though?

In transition sure….when things slow down he cannot create anything. I’ve always thought he’d be best paired with a real pg to share duties. Portland would be a great spot for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he a proper pg though?

In transition sure….when things slow down he cannot create anything. I’ve always thought he’d be best paired with a real pg to share duties. Portland would be a great spot for him.

It was mostly for a cheap laugh there, I don't think he'd suit the Celtics that well, Portland moreso.

An oversized PG who can't shoot and who isn't really an elite playmaker.

He's a hard 'fit' for a team to build around, but then in some ways so is LeBron.

It was mostly for a cheap laugh there, I don't think he'd suit the Celtics that well, Portland moreso.

An oversized PG who can't shoot and who isn't really an elite playmaker.

He's a hard 'fit' for a team to build around, but then in some ways so is LeBron.
Yeah I know, I got that it was largely humorous.

I’ve come to the view he’s not someone you build around. He’s an elite complimentary player - think Lamar Odom at the Lakers or even a little like Draymond Green. Can defend 4-5 positions and gives you secondary ball handling and shot creation.

Embiid is so ******* good, please don't waste his prime. His level of play since he came back from
Embiid is so ******* good, please don't waste his prime. His level of play since he came back from covid has been incredible.
How good is his touch? Every shot has that beautiful, high ark and soft landing.

We are talking about a guy who is basically Shaq sized (although nobody is really Shaq sized).

How good is his touch? Every shot has that beautiful, high ark and soft landing.

We are talking about a guy who is basically Shaq sized (although nobody is really Shaq sized).
He was getting there last season, but this season he really seems to have figured out all his hot spots on the floor and how to get them and what type of shots to go with in each situation. Much more purpose to his game, would think it's really slowed down for him since he's averaging a career high in assists while also at a career low in turnovers. Honestly, it also just could be the fact he's playing with more spacing and teams can't double as easily without him having an outlet to pass to rather than the clogged lane he's dealt with with Ben, Horford and whatever other non-spacing guys he played with they had to hid in the dunkers spot.

Just watching Nets v Suns.

Kyrie is a complete tool but…..my God that man is a magician with a basketball. A real shame that his dickheadery will overshadow his extraordinary talent when we talk about him in 10 years time.

His immense talent is matched by his immense stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back