Review Bassat completes men's football program review

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to delete the original owner of this post (gringo2011) because some couldn't see the thread (due to the ignore function)

I very much like this idea. Get him if possible.

Caracella did wonders at Tigerland and was openly lauded by everyone there. Their ball movement was the unheralded reason for their ascension. Ditto with his time at Geelong.

Caracella is still contracted for another 2 years at Essendon but I’d love him at the Saints. The one area we need to fix is our ball movement. It is terrible and the current coaches responsible for it should be replaced. Results tell the story.

Suddenly a coaching panel consisting of Enright, Hayes and Caracella would start to look half reasonable. Still a few more to go though.

You'd think Clarko will bring in his people. It might be one of those rare moments when things align for us. I'd find a role for Noble too. As a GM of football he was one of the best, leaving the Crows who had a long successful period to join the struggling Lions and credited with turning them around and making them a finals side. He obviously didn't work as a senior coach but I think that was on North who looked at him for an admin role then tried to make him coach as well.

You'd think Clarko will bring in his people. It might be one of those rare moments when things align for us. I'd find a role for Noble too. As a GM of football he was one of the best, leaving the Crows who had a long successful period to join the struggling Lions and credited with turning them around and making them a finals side. He obviously didn't work as a senior coach but I think that was on North who looked at him for an admin role then tried to make him coach as well.

There are going to be limits to how much he can bring in his own people.

Obviously they haven't been sitting unemployed since he left, and not everyone may want to move to follow their god. There will also be people already at the club he goes to. In some cases they may be shafted, but in others it could ruffle a lot of feathers.

Gringo are you Andrew Bassett
Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Well Ratts getting a promotion isn’t it? Leaves his spot open.

external review one would hope, otherwise whats the point?
Remember the review they had which didn’t include Richo? 🙄
Its external

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its external
Yeah….I really should read the thread BEFORE I post 🙄🤣

Thats good. Let’s get Noble into the club after the review too. Supposedly an excellent operator - as agreed by Gerard on 360 tonight.

( Sorry, I see I accidentally quoted another post of yours as well.)

Last edited:
Good to hear regarding the review. The more I think about it the more I'm warming to the idea of a full rebuild ala North. Do it the way that historically has worked as opposed to topping up with experience and hoping that we win a premiership on the back of a build that there's no evidence of working.

Wonder what comes of it all. The 6 month payout max throws a bit of a spanner in the works, in that it's not as cut and dry as it used to be where you would keep coaches who you'd signed onto a long term deal because sacking them would result in paying out the entirety of their contact, whereas now there's minimal risk involved.

Regardless we need to seriously look at every aspect. External review would be my preference, but if it's not I just have to have faith that we will act ruthlessly if it means we improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back