News Bassat to succeed Summers as President

Remove this Banner Ad

Bassat-620.jpg

Andrew Bassat was today officially announced as the next President of the St Kilda Football Club.

The co-founder and current CEO of SEEK will succeed Peter Summers after a transition process that culminates at the club’s annual general meeting (AGM) in December.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-08-29/bassat-to-succeed-summers-as-president

A few positives from the outside looking in:
- only came on board last year so will not have the same emotional and reputational baggage that may cause one to go easy on prior decisions
- has a lot of $ and the club doesn't, so...
from memory Seek was a big sponsor two years ago but scaled it back ... hopefully we see them come back as a big sponsor ... also hopefully AV Jennings is still going to be a major sponsor moving forward

Why wouldn't he have already?

How can we be struggling under $12M debt when we have people like Bassat, Bana, Warne, Meldrum, Fox, Ogilvy etc. who all use the business and itk opportunities that the club provides and could easily combine once off to set the club up forever.

How can we be struggling under $12M debt when we have people like Bassat, Bana, Warne, Meldrum, Fox, Ogilvy etc. who all use the business and itk opportunities that the club provides and could easily combine once off to set the club up forever.
Do you know what happens when you feed the stray cat?

At least now as president the should have some control over where/how the money is spent. Is a club donation tax deductible?

because its not their debt and it doesn't mean the club is suddenly debt free. a lot of that debt was accumulated purely because AFL distributions did not cover costs plus the inadequate stadium deal due to us funding the acquisition of a stadium for the AFL.

so if i was looking at that with my money, i'm thinking, why should i pay that off, its not my debt, hell alot of its not even the clubs.

plus then the AFL looks at us debt free thinking, maybe we should win back the distributions we give them to help them. maybe we can load them up with more debt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean it would be peanut money for someone like him, you could probably take it out of his account and he'd never notice. But yeah has no reason to.

I know some rich people, they never think they're rich. You move up a strata and look at the one above and feel impoverished. Usually guys with their money tied up in a business are asset rich but would have to liquidate to come up with anything like that kind of money. He will be paid by the business at an executive rate but it might be $1.2 million a year with bonuses and if he's like any other business person he'll have a huge house with a big mortgage, a boat, cars etc. None of it is cheap. He probably carries nearly as much debt as the Saints.

Doe's that also go for the club always asking members to dig in their pockets all the time or donate to Moorabbin or bye raffle tickets.
Completely different.

I don't want our millionaire celebrities bailing us out every time we are up the shitter. We just need to get our house in order.

Club asking supporters each year to sign up or donate happens at every club...even Richmond who have 100,000 of them, still ask.

At least now as president the should have some control over where/how the money is spent. Is a club donation tax deductible?

No not a tax deductible donation I wouldn't have thought. But sponsorship is a business expense which is obviously deducted from taxable profit.

Need to the watts dominoe to fall.

My worry is more of the same right now. The board needs some Agro to it
Same. Hopefully Satan puts a rocket up everyone and sets the tone for whats needed to achieve long term success.

Its health improves, it loves you forever and gives you joy?

Cats are incapable of love. They are hedonistic are demanding. Owners misconstrue their cuddling up to them as love, they just use humans for food and comfort. If they had the chance, they'd sell their owners into slavery for a new scratching post and a single tin of wet food.

Cats are incapable of love. They are hedonistic are demanding. Owners misconstrue their cuddling up to them as love, they just use humans for food and comfort. If they had the chance, they'd sell their owners into slavery for a new scratching post and a single tin of wet food.
Username and post alignment questionable ;)

It’s very easy to spend other people’s money, isn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back