Rumour Bassett to Port?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lade would be looking to bring the family home wouldn't he? Forward coach, midfield or senior assistant.

Worst case scenario Dew gets the Crows job, with Lade and Francou joining him. Always been a lot of talk about them joining up somewhere.

Lade would be looking to bring the family home wouldn't he? Forward coach, midfield or senior assistant.
People have been saying that for years, but the longer you live somewhere the more used to it you get and more importantly the kids in high school and 5-6 year friendships the harder it is to move them.

Refused to interview for an assistant role at Port?

We spoke to him about a development coaching role which ho knocked back as it wasn't what he was looking for at the time, but that was a few years ago now, I think it was the year he went to Essendon. I can't remember if it was KT or someone else that mentioned it.

Bassett would be too tough for Crows. They're emotionally fragile and need lots of TLC. You only have to listen to the media to realise this ..poor poor brave Crows have lost their long standing coach (9 months to be exact) Plus he was shunned for the Crows job last year. Didn't even get a second interview. Roo couldn't cope with his testosterone and vice versa. A man's man belongs at Port.

I'd love to see Lade or Brogan back. I love Brogan, I want to see him yelling at our big men. Bass would be good too.

Brogan can get ****ed!!!

I will never forget him standing up in front of the Power faithful after the first game at AO... he was crying and claiming that his body had failed him and he simply couldnt go on any longer.
He then said that he loved our club and would never turn against us no matter what - only to be signed up with GWS within a couple of months!!!

I guess money talks!!!

Bassett would be too tough for Crows. They're emotionally fragile and need lots of TLC. You only have to listen to the media to realise this ..poor poor brave Crows have lost their long standing coach (9 months to be exact) Plus he was shunned for the Crows job last year. Didn't even get a second interview. Roo couldn't cope with his testosterone and vice versa. A man's man belongs at Port.

Its their 'entitled ownership' that gets me.
We nailed our salute to a life member

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about getting Brad Gotch from South Adelaide as Maggies coach

Im pretty sure we are not allowed to poach any football staff at all to run our reserves team... as part of the agreement that we signed off on with the SANFL a couple of years ago to keep the magpies and make them our 2s team!!!

Im pretty sure we are not allowed to poach any football staff at all to run our reserves team... as part of the agreement that we signed off on with the SANFL a couple of years ago to keep the magpies and make them our 2s team!!!

Gotch is out of contract at the end of the season, Surely that's not poaching?

What about getting Brad Gotch from South Adelaide as Maggies coach and promoting Buddah Hocking.

Gotch is out of contract at the end of the season, Surely that's not poaching?
Considering he was our coach first it shouldn't be an issue if we went down that route.

I wouldn't mind Buddah coaching the seniors on a line again think he'd do a better job with the forwards/mids than Carr or Edwards, that way if we lose Nicks Bassett could adequately fill that backline void.

I was even pissed when we moved Shaun Rhen on, i though he had a good footy knowledge and would been great for Ken.

In the scheme of things Rehn was moved on to make room (both a position and $$$) for Walsh - at the time it was the right thing to do.

In the scheme of things Rehn was moved on to make room (both a position and $$$) for Walsh - at the time it was the right thing to do.
Yes i know but Stability in the box was needed, we lost Richo and Walsh. IMO the 2015 season has in some way been affected by that instability in the box and on the track. Players and some more than others develop healthy strong relationships, As did Cornes and Wines with Walsh, then they are gone. Has to have a negative effect.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back