List Mgmt. Bassirou Faye - Possible Cat B Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we can make him into a key forward haha
Cox is 30, so I don't mind the idea of a raw athletic youngster with a view towards succession planning. Know nothing about this kid, but we have nothing to lose.

If he is able to return to Aus, but not play any NAB League game/s, he could sign for anyone as Cat B? If he plays a few games at Oakleigh, we get first call on him as part of our academy?

Have I read the situation correctly?

If he is able to return to Aus, but not play any NAB League game/s, he could sign for anyone as Cat B? If he plays a few games at Oakleigh, we get first call on him as part of our academy?

Have I read the situation correctly?
No, he isn't part of our academy. We're just the club leading the interest in him at the moment.

Just because he would play for oakleigh, we have no dibs on that. Yes, we have a lot of players on our list from that club, as our zone is associated with the area. But to be in our NGA academy, you have to be part of it for it a couple years. Like kids like Reef, Dib has been involved since their junior days, around 14-15 years of age.

No, he isn't part of our academy. We're just the club leading the interest in him at the moment.

Just because he would play for oakleigh, we have no dibs on that. Yes, we have a lot of players on our list from that club, as our zone is associated with the area. But to be in our NGA academy, you have to be part of it for it a couple years. Like kids like Reef, Dib has been involved since their junior days, around 14-15 years of age.
Ok thanks for the clarification

Like will Sutherland , I wonder how he’s goin since choosing cricket over footy. It was 3 years ago so he’s eligible to be a cat b
Will likely play test cricket within 4 years. Bowling really well this summer. Batting still needs some work, was billed as a genuine all rounder coming through but at this stage I can’t see him being more than a capable 7/8 who scores a few 100s as opposed to someone who can actually be picked for their batting alone

This guy might be the reason we did the sudden about face on Briskey a few weeks ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article says that we would upgrade someone to fit him in as a rookie.... The AFL site says

" The Pies currently have the maximum of two Category B rookies – Anton Tohill and Tom Wilson – which would require one to be upgraded to the primary list in order for Faye to join as a Category B "

Upgrading Tohill would probably make less sense than putting Faye directly on the main list, as while both started out in other sports, Tohill has had a chance to prove himself in AFL and hasnt done it. The same is almost true with wilson but i noticed he was in the best players in the practice game and I would probably give him this year to have some impact.

i wonder if the irish experiment is now finished. Although it seems like a free hit, it's a lot of wasted effort and money spent on airline tickets.

The article says that we would upgrade someone to fit him in as a rookie.... The AFL site says

" The Pies currently have the maximum of two Category B rookies – Anton Tohill and Tom Wilson – which would require one to be upgraded to the primary list in order for Faye to join as a Category B "

Upgrading Tohill would probably make less sense than putting Faye directly on the main list, as while both started out in other sports, Tohill has had a chance to prove himself in AFL and hasnt done it. The same is almost true with wilson but i noticed he was in the best players in the practice game and I would probably give him this year to have some impact.

i wonder if the irish experiment is now finished. Although it seems like a free hit, it's a lot of wasted effort and money spent on airline tickets.
Hope we don’t waste our time

I'd be interested in seeing the league wide hit rate of Irish versus draftees. I think the Irish guys would stack up pretty well.

Can anyone clarify why we don’t get priority access to him as an NGA once he plays a game with the Chargers? It wasn’t addressed in the article and I have a theory, but I’m curious as to whether anyone knows.
He hasn't been a part of our academy. They have to have been in the academy for a set amount of time.

Can anyone clarify why we don’t get priority access to him as an NGA once he plays a game with the Chargers? It wasn’t addressed in the article and I have a theory, but I’m curious as to whether anyone knows.
Because he isn’t a member of our NGA and it’s to late to sign him to the academy

Cox is 30, so I don't mind the idea of a raw athletic youngster with a view towards succession planning. Know nothing about this kid, but we have nothing to lose.

If they want a raw athletic ruckman they could chase Chol. He is unhappy at Richmond. At least he has shown he can play.

If they want a raw athletic ruckman they could chase Chol. He is unhappy at Richmond. At least he has shown he can play.

Why would Chol be any happier at Collingwood behind Grundy, Cox and Cameron? If he’s going to make it he needs to work on his forward craft. The reason we’d be interested in Faye is as a free hit replacement for Lynch.

He hasn't been a part of our academy. They have to have been in the academy for a set amount of time.

Clearly he’s not an NGA because he’s eligible as a Cat B...

What’s the qualification period? There isn’t much freely available information on those rules.

I'd be interested in seeing the league wide hit rate of Irish versus draftees. I think the Irish guys would stack up pretty well.

well if they have speed then they have an advantage. I would argue that players of sudanese origin have a pretty good strike rate too. I'd argue that indigenous players have a pretty good strike rate too....

but I think that two average tall blokes with average speed are going to have a less than average likelihood of making it if they havent played the game before..

Clearly he’s not an NGA because he’s eligible as a Cat B...

What’s the qualification period? There isn’t much freely available information on those rules.
I vaguely remember 2 years, but not sure.

We could probably list him in the academy now and then we'd have to wait for the time period before he became available as an NGA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back