Player Watch Bassirou Faye

Remove this Banner Ad

Tks for that.
So he’s not playing as yet I assume.
Perhaps injured or still training & building up to a game (learning the craft?).
Yeah, probably still working on the craft/the game. Hopefully gets some games at some point. But certainly doesn't look like a 19 year old lol

maybe he'll be a cat-B rookie. If there is a chance he'll make it
It's truly odd that he doesn't seem to be playing games anywhere, and that there's still nothing to suggest he's played an official game for anyone since we signed him. If he's no longer eligible to play for Oakleigh, or they don't rate him highly enough to want to pick him, then he needs to be playing for someone!! As an International Scholarship List player we should have a hold on him for at least 2 years, but even a Cat. B Rookie spot would seem wasted on him as things stand!

It's truly odd that he doesn't seem to be playing games anywhere, and that there's still nothing to suggest he's played an official game for anyone since we signed him. If he's no longer eligible to play for Oakleigh, or they don't rate him highly enough to want to pick him, then he needs to be playing for someone!! As an International Scholarship List player we should have a hold on him for at least 2 years, but even a Cat. B Rookie spot would seem wasted on him as things stanH
He'd be playing somewhere, surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's truly odd that he doesn't seem to be playing games anywhere, and that there's still nothing to suggest he's played an official game for anyone since we signed him. If he's no longer eligible to play for Oakleigh, or they don't rate him highly enough to want to pick him, then he needs to be playing for someone!! As an International Scholarship List player we should have a hold on him for at least 2 years, but even a Cat. B Rookie spot would seem wasted on him as things stand!
Does that mean we'd have until the end of next year to make a decision regarding cat B

It only makes sense if he’s not good enough for tac footy.
I don't know if he's entitled to play as an overager for Oakleigh this year (I'm assuming he now would be overage). If he is eligible to play at that level but not getting picked surely he goes off and plays elsewhere?! You'd think he'd want to be getting a game, and if Collingwood still had an interest in him they'd be insisting he plays somewhere. The whole story (of us signing him) was given much more publicity than it warranted, as he was probably always a longshot to make it, but now there's not a word said about him. Truly an odd story!

I don't know if he's entitled to play as an overager for Oakleigh this year (I'm assuming he now would be overage). If he is eligible to play at that level but not getting picked surely he goes off and plays elsewhere?! You'd think he'd want to be getting a game, and if Collingwood still had an interest in him they'd be insisting he plays somewhere. The whole story (of us signing him) was given much more publicity than it warranted, as he was probably always a longshot to make it, but now there's not a word said about him. Truly an odd story!
He's been hanging around the chargers squad with the chargers uniform on (jacket etc) so I assume he is eligible.

So his contract with us was 3 years was form June 2021, it was announced. Or at least I thought it was.

He's been hanging around the chargers squad with the chargers uniform on (jacket etc) so I assume he is eligible.

So his contract with us was 3 years was form June 2021, it was announced. Or at least I thought it was.

3 years? 😳

Remove this Banner Ad

Back