Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Hey mate,
Long time first time here, was wondering what your thoughts were on some of the sliding top enders, that as mentioned are sliding, mostly due to injuries, like Roberts, Sinn, Chesser, Sonsie, etc.
Do you think any of those guys, or anyone else you may have as worth a first rounder, could slip to a second round selection?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Hey mate,
Long time first time here, was wondering what your thoughts were on some of the sliding top enders, that as mentioned are sliding, mostly due to injuries, like Roberts, Sinn, Chesser, Sonsie, etc.
Do you think any of those guys, or anyone else you may have as worth a first rounder, could slip to a second round selection?
You’re a mean, mean, funny guy.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Hey mate,
Sorry mate, I thought I had responded but I guess I forgot!

For the most part the likes of Sinn, Roberts and Sonsie etc have already got a lot of runs on the boards, if they're still injured close to the draft I can see them falling but for now, they have enough runs on the boards and they should all be healthy in time for their first pre-season (Well, hopefully, I'm not actually entirely sure how far away each are)

If these guys DO end up slipping to the second rounds, they'll be bargains

August 2021 Update
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
1. Jason Horne (Inside Midfielder/South Australia)
2. Nick Daicos (Balanced Midfielder/Vic Metro) (Collingwood F/S)
3. Sam Darcy (Tall Utility/Vic Metro) (Western Bulldogs F/S)
4. Finn Callaghan (Outside Midfielder/Vic Metro)
5. Neil Erasmus (Mid-Forward Hybrid/Western Australia)
6. Josh Gibscus (Tall Defender/Vic Country)
7. Josh Rachele (General Forward/Vic Country)
8. Mac Andrew (Ruckman/Vic Country) (Melbourne NGA)
9. Matthew Roberts (Inside Midfielder/South Australia)
10. Josh Sinn (Outside Utility/Vic Metro)

11. Matthew Johnson (Inside Midfielder/Western Australia)
12. Josh Goater (Balanced Midfielder/Vic Metro)
13. Josh Fahey (General Defence/Allies) (GWS Academy)
14. Ben Hobbs (Inside Midfielder/Vic Country)
15. Josh Ward (Inside Midfielder/Vic Metro)
16. Sam Butler (General Forward/Vic Country)
17. Tyler Sonsie (Inside Midfielder/Vic Metro)
18. Arlo Draper (General Forward/South Australia)
19. Campbell Chesser (Outside Midfielder/Vic Country)
20. Jye Amiss (Tall Forward/Western Australia)

21. Sam Banks (General Defence/Tasmania)
22. Cooper Murley (Outside Midfielder/South Australia)
23. Jesse Motlop (Small Forward/Western Australia) (Freo Metro NGA)
24. Joshua Browne (Inside Midfielderr/Western Australia)
25. Darcy Wilmot (General Defence/Vic Metro)
26. Jack Williams (Tall Forward/Western Australia)
27. Jacob van Rooyen (Tall Forward/Western Australia)
28. Rhett Bazzo (Tall Defender/Western Australia)
29. Judson Clarke (General Forward/Vic Country)
30. Blake Howes (Outside Utility/Vic Metro)

A few changes this time around. Erasmus has entered the Top 5 and I think he'll stay there for the rest of the year, looks so good

Bazzo and Clarke both on the brink of falling out, Howes is moving up

A few on the outer, including Mitch Knevitt, Charlie Molan, Kade Dittmar, Tom Brown, Morgan Ferres and Hugh Jackson, that could move up soon

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hello, where would Cerra go in this draft and why is it number 1?
He would easily go number 1 in this draft, and probably every year for the next 15 ye-

What I actually meant to say was, he's crap and no Victorian club should chase him under any circumstance

He would easily go number 1 in this draft, and probably every year for the next 15 ye-

What I actually meant to say was, he's crap and no Victorian club should chase him under any circumstance
In all seriousness, because I didnt ask you

Horne and 23 or Cerra and 8.

What would you rather?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
In all seriousness, because I didnt ask you

Horne and 23 or Cerra and 8.

What would you rather?
Cerra and 8

Horne is a generational talent, but I love the upside of Cerra and I think everyone from about Pick 5-Pick 15 is very close talent wise

If you could get Cerra and one of Sinn/Rachele/Andrew/Roberts etc you're making out like a winner I think

Cerra and 8

Horne is a generational talent, but I love the upside of Cerra and I think everyone from about Pick 5-Pick 15 is very close talent wise

If you could get Cerra and one of Sinn/Rachele/Andrew/Roberts etc you're making out like a winner I think
If you were tiering that top 15 how would it go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
If you were tiering that top 15 how would it go?
Tier 1 (Best of the best, think the only question on these 3 is what order they'll go
1. Horne
2. Daicos
3. Darcy

Tier 2 (Only barely behind the top 3)
4. Callaghan
5. Erasmus
6. Gibscus

Tier 3 (Still very good talents, likely types that have AFL qualities and are worthy of going top 10)
7. Rachele
8. Andrew
9. Roberts
10. Sinn

Tier 4 (Can work their way into Tier 3 with good performances from here, not too far off the rest)
11. Johnson
12. Goater
13. Fahey
14. Hobbs
15. Ward
16. Butler
17. Sonsie
18. Draper
19. Chesser

I have a hard time separating players between tiers, I think this is a very strong first round compared to some previous draft years

Tier 1 (Best of the best, think the only question on these 3 is what order they'll go
1. Horne
2. Daicos
3. Darcy

Tier 2 (Only barely behind the top 3)
4. Callaghan
5. Erasmus
6. Gibscus

Tier 3 (Still very good talents, likely types that have AFL qualities and are worthy of going top 10)
7. Rachele
8. Andrew
9. Roberts
10. Sinn

Tier 4 (Can work their way into Tier 3 with good performances from here, not too far off the rest)
11. Johnson
12. Goater
13. Fahey
14. Hobbs
15. Ward
16. Butler
17. Sonsie
18. Draper
19. Chesser

I have a hard time separating players between tiers, I think this is a very strong first round compared to some previous draft years
Cheers for the effort. Callaghan seems the consensus number 2 live pick, if you wanted to be safe in getting Erasmus, what do you think you need?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cheers for the effort. Callaghan seems the consensus number 2 live pick, if you wanted to be safe in getting Erasmus, what do you think you need?
It's hard to say, I think for the most part recruiters would have Gibscus and Callaghan over him, and then maybe you could see Sinn/Andrew/Rachele after that, but I think after the 3rd or 4th live pick he wouldn't go much further

It's hard to say, I think for the most part recruiters would have Gibscus and Callaghan over him, and then maybe you could see Sinn/Andrew/Rachele after that, but I think after the 3rd or 4th live pick he wouldn't go much further
Yeah and I think my dreams of getting Erasmus and change from Cerra have been dashed as we arent going to have a pick high enough. Might be a chance of sliding a bit if there is no Champs

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Follow up question Bastyy, thoughts on Benning? Have you got to see much of him
I've watched 2-3 of Benning's games but didn't get to see the one where he kicked 3 :p

He's a great athlete and I've really liked watching him in the ruck in particular. His speed out of the clearance is really exciting and he's pretty good at g round level. He has some genuine forward craft and I think that's exciting for us particularly because he could step into the role of either Lobb (Forward/Ruck to give Darcy a rest) or Meek (Young ruck with upside for when Darcy goes down)

I think if I'm a club looking for a ruck/forward you can't go much worse then him, he could potentially be the best ruck of the lot, and I'd probably rank him over Conway based off his upside but is still a raw project that will take a few years

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Hello everyone,

This coming week the Bigfooty draftcast will be running with a WA focus as resident Draft Watchers Bastyy and PMBangers join The_Wookie to recap the recent WA U19s squad practise matches. To go with this, we're opening up the floor to questions from bigfooty, so if you have anything you want to know about WA prospects, their likely position in the draft or Bastyy and his rankings, feel free to ask over in our draftcast thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-us-to-talk-sa-u19s-wa-u17s-and-more.1278234/

Cheers,
PMBangers

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Hello loyal Bastyy fans,

Bastyy was kind enough to join The_Wookie and myself on the bigfooty draftcast recently to discuss the WA draft prospects, especially Neil Erasmus!

September Top 30
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long-time no update, but here's my latest top 30

1631501913768.png

I've been trying to fill a hole in my knowledge by watching a lot more SA football. I've been particularly impressed by Draper and watching Wanganeen-Milera's SANFL games as well as his state game, has made me confident he's definitely a top 20 prospect

It's still so hard to rate players, I feel like anyone from 7 to 22 can all be swapped and 23 onwards is almost impossible to decide.

Sheldrick and Hough both look like big risers, Hough more so off the back of his WAFL League call up and his amazing peformance in the state game. Sheldrick has been thereabouts for a while now and I think he's got what it takes to be a hard at it contested bull at AFL level.

Morgan Ferres is essentially 31, with Zac Taylor, Tom Brown, Sam Banks, Kade Dittmar, Jack Williams, Leek Alleer, Charlie Molan, James Tunstill, Jake Soligo, Mitch Owens and Lewis Rayson all on the cusp of the 30.

Top 50 coming next month (hopefully)

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Long-time no update, but here's my latest top 30

View attachment 1234713
I've been trying to fill a hole in my knowledge by watching a lot more SA football. I've been particularly impressed by Draper and watching Wanganeen-Milera's SANFL games as well as his state game, has made me confident he's definitely a top 20 prospect

It's still so hard to rate players, I feel like anyone from 7 to 22 can all be swapped and 23 onwards is almost impossible to decide.

Sheldrick and Hough both look like big risers, Hough more so off the back of his WAFL League call up and his amazing peformance in the state game. Sheldrick has been thereabouts for a while now and I think he's got what it takes to be a hard at it contested bull at AFL level.

Morgan Ferres is essentially 31, with Zac Taylor, Tom Brown, Sam Banks, Kade Dittmar, Jack Williams, Leek Alleer, Charlie Molan, James Tunstill, Jake Soligo, Mitch Owens and Lewis Rayson all on the cusp of the 30.

Top 50 coming next month (hopefully)
Great work mate, just wondering where Jack Avery is? Best defender in this draft I've been told by some industry bigwigs.
Cheers.

TJG1996

Debutant
Jul 18, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great work mate, just wondering where Jack Avery is? Best defender in this draft I've been told by some industry bigwigs.
Cheers.
Still in Perth's league side where he belongs you'd imagine. Worst kicking action and ball drop in the country by some margin for a kid who's played footy his entire life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back