mandy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2001
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Started yesterday. Did anyone else watch this?

Prequel to the Psycho movie with a teenage Norman Bates moving into the motel his mother bought after his father dies.

Shows some promise, I liked it. Also set in modern times too which I liked. Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates is great and Freddie Highmore plays the young, awkaward Norman very well.

Would have been soooo much better set in the fifties/sixties, whenever Norman Bates was a kid, but then I guess with no iphones in it the current teen market would have had zero interest.

Helloooo movie reboot.

How much does Nestor look like a young Anthony Hopkins?

Not sure about this week. Was hoping for a slow build up to a nutjob Mum showing why Norman became the way he did. Instead it was a bit of a mish/mash of all different storylines leading nowhere yet.

I was hoping it would purely be about the Bates.

yeah been watching it, second ep was pretty dull, but I still think its got potential and will continue.

I Like the suspenseful soundtrack to this show- make's it feel like something gonna go down.

Is a enjoyable TV series so far.

yeah been watching it, second ep was pretty dull, but I still think its got potential and will continue.

I Like the suspenseful soundtrack to this show- make's it feel like something gonna go down.

Soundtrack kind of has a LOST feel to it...wonder if its the same Music Director.

Dont mind the extra storylines as long as they go somewhere.

Norma is intense..'"Whats your life expectancy Emma?"

Seems like we found out how the locals are making the $$$$$.

The lead actor is playing the role so well that I generally get creeped out when he is on the screen.

And one of these moments when Norman & Norma were on the bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soundtrack kind of has a LOST feel to it...wonder if its the same Music Director.

Dont mind the extra storylines as long as they go somewhere.

Norma is intense..'"Whats your life expectancy Emma?"

Seems like we found out how the locals are making the $$$$$.

The lead actor is playing the role so well that I generally get creeped out when he is on the screen.

And one of these moments when Norman & Norma were on the bed.

haha yeah its pretty disturbing seeing the relationship between Norma and Norm- they better not get any closer then that or I'm putting Bates Motel in the Cringe Video Thread lol

haha yeah its pretty disturbing seeing the relationship between Norma and Norm- they better not get any closer then that or I'm putting Bates Motel in the Cringe Video Thread lol

In relation to what has been on in other TV cable shows the past two years, it seems to be game on for anything.

Piss Poor, I still giggle at your name. Funny as *!

Chris Bacon is the composer.

A few hits under the belt ol Chris-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2092016/

Yeah, Perkins directed III and IV is a recap of his childhood, similar to this show. The fourth has some disturbing mother and son scenes.

Ep 3 was good. Its settling into a good rythm...you just dont know what is going on in Norm's head. The last 5 mins were bizarre as well as Norma flipping and flopping. A good set of actors this pair.

...and is that Mr Carlton Cruse introing 'previously on Bates Motel' aka 'previously on LOST'???

I do believe so he says with a sentimental tear... ;)

its getting pretty interesting now, Norman is a great character- starting to get really creepy - why the hell did he keep that belt.

I get the feeling that the town will find out and turn on the family forcing them to run and hide- going to be pretty epic the way this will turn out. Good show- keeps you wanting more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back