Multiplat Batman - A Telltale Games Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens

A brand new Batman game has been announced during the ongoing Game Awards 2015 show. The game will be developed by Tell Tale Game who’re famous for developing episodic based adventure games which includes the famous Walking Dead series. The new Batman series will also be episodic in nature.

"“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

Excited, yet a little nervous, wonder how they will pull this off.
Multiple decisions on who to save? Which villains will be involved?

Last edited by a moderator:

The new series will take place in modern-day Gotham, but will not be tied to any existing adaptation of Batman in comics, films, or games. The story will focus on both Bruce Wayne and Batman, with player decisions shaping the city Bruce encounters in daylight, and the criminals Batman encounters at night.

"Each night, Bruce Wayne chooses to change Gotham for the better. The team wants to explore what the consequences are of the player’s actions when decisions made as Bruce have a critical impact on his nightly crusade as Batman, and vice versa. Certain key situations will give the player the decision to approach a scene as Bruce or Batman with consequences for both sides."
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/03/18/first-telltale-batman-details-revealed

Taken from Neogaf

-Episode 1 arriving this summer
-Takes place in its own universe (not tied to comics or movies)
-New gameplay mechanics and engine improvements (sounds minor but without specifics ifs hard to say - but they have heard all of the complaints and are working to address it)
-Large focus on Bruce Wayne, they want to explore what it's like to be him and how the choices you make as Bruce affect what you do as Batman
-You can choose to deal with certain situations as Bruce, or put on the suit and handle it as Batman
-Tales from Borderlands team is working on it
-Voice casting sounds close to done but not quite finalized

Have never played a Telltale game as they have not done anything I am interested in. Until this. I look forward to it.
So sad. I was once like you a long time ago, then one day $6 changed all my thoughts about what I was interested in.
Go and do yourself a favor and get season 1 of The Walking Dead and/or The Wolf Among Us.

So sad. I was once like you a long time ago, then one day $6 changed all my thoughts about what I was interested in.
Go and do yourself a favor and get season 1 of The Walking Dead and/or The Wolf Among Us.
I have zero interest in zombies so walking dead is a big no. I know nothing of the Wolf Among us, what is it?

I have zero interest in zombies so walking dead is a big no. I know nothing of the Wolf Among us, what is it?
It's Fables, set in New York, in the 80's, with 'humans'.

So you have 'Snow White', the 'Big Bad Wolf', 'Beauty and the Beast', etc. in this real world environment and they have the ability to 'turn' into other forms.

The story follows the Wolf as he (as a detective) tries to solve a murder in their town.

It's not a scary game, but it has a very dark atmosphere. And is completely and utterly awesome!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Fables, set in New York, in the 80's, with 'humans'.

So you have 'Snow White', the 'Big Bad Wolf', 'Beauty and the Beast', etc. in this real world environment and they have the ability to 'turn' into other forms.

The story follows the Wolf as he (as a detective) tries to solve a murder in their town.

It's not a scary game, but it has a very dark atmosphere. And is completely and utterly awesome!
Its like you know what my next question was.

You really hope they would improve their game engine. Doubt it though.

They said last year this game will have an "heavily upgraded" version of the current engine. but they need a new one. Its been over 10 years now, its time for Telltale tool 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back