Multiplat Batman - A Telltale Games Series

Remove this Banner Ad

The game engine gets worse and worse every game.

I had it crash 2 times on episode 5, some insanely bad framerate and stuttering. and one of the NPC's that was getting kicked was just some eyes and teeth the rest didnt render. some of the audio didnt work. How did this episode pass QA.

I dont think im buying another Telltale game untill they build a new engine

CzxuehYVIAAul4r.jpg:large

It happened to me as well although I only had one crash.

For me it was the only episode I had that sort of trouble with.
This was the only one it crashed on, but the frame issues and stuttering were all over each episode.

Had the eyeball glitch too, thought it was hilarious. Frame rate issues are just an expected part of Telltale games on the current engine sadly.

Yeah I had the eyeball glitch as well - though didn't crash on me (PS4). First sequence was stuttering and jumping around like crazy - nearly stopped and restarted as I thought it might have something to do with my online status but that didn't make any difference.

Given they probably use the same game engine for all their games, I wonder if they will ever update it? Could you a bit of an upgrade to say the least!

Yeah I had the eyeball glitch as well - though didn't crash on me (PS4). First sequence was stuttering and jumping around like crazy - nearly stopped and restarted as I thought it might have something to do with my online status but that didn't make any difference.

Given they probably use the same game engine for all their games, I wonder if they will ever update it? Could you a bit of an upgrade to say the least!
they say they have updated the engine for the new walking dead and the fact its not coming out on ps3 or 360 seems to suggest its true so hopefully a big difference

Do most people play these games for the story or for the choices you get to make. Played all of season 1 of TWD and a few eps of GOT, and it just seems like none of the choices make THAT much of a difference to the overall story. Similar situation with Life is Strange too. Not sure whether its worth my time and money to continue to play these TT games...?

Do most people play these games for the story or for the choices you get to make. Played all of season 1 of TWD and a few eps of GOT, and it just seems like none of the choices make THAT much of a difference to the overall story. Similar situation with Life is Strange too. Not sure whether its worth my time and money to continue to play these TT games...?
I play them for the experience itself, which mainly comes down to the connection to the story and characters. The choice doesn't come into it as in most circumstances it's an illusion. If you're not getting that connection or any enjoyment out of them they're probably just not for you, which is fine.

I play them for the experience itself, which mainly comes down to the connection to the story and characters. The choice doesn't come into it as in most circumstances it's an illusion. If you're not getting that connection or any enjoyment out of them they're probably just not for you, which is fine.
No I love the storys and especially love the feels of Life is Strange, but its almost as if I'm just watching a movie rather than having any input as to what happens in the movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Batman was patched recently (maybe on the weekend?) - might have ironed the bugs out.

Downloaded the first 2 eps for the Walking Dead last night. Hopefully will give them a whirl tonight.

No I love the storys and especially love the feels of Life is Strange, but its almost as if I'm just watching a movie rather than having any input as to what happens in the movie.
Depends what you mean by input. You may not impact the plot much, but you can have a big impact on what sort of character your protagonist is by the way they approach conversations etc. I find that really helps me invest in the story.

That said, some of the Telltale games are more linear plot-wise than the others. This one was particularly bad - as far as I can tell, the only real impact of any of your choices are some cosmetic details on the character models (e.g. whether you get the Mk. 2 Batsuit)

Two episodes in and really enjoying it. Batman is perfect for the kind of moral quandaries Telltale present. Sure your choice may be meaningless but how you decide to handle things is interesting. Personally I like my Batman as a monster. Not sure how I feel about
Wayne's father being a villainous a-hole though

Getting a lot of glitches, however. I can't access My Choices from the main menu for example.

so i bought this game on sale including the season pass, but i cant play from episode 2, its says i need to purchase it. what should i do?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

so i bought this game on sale including the season pass, but i cant play from episode 2, its says i need to purchase it. what should i do?

In most cases you need to go to the Store and find episode 2 and download it. You won't have to pay, but you'll need to download it.

In most cases you need to go to the Store and find episode 2 and download it. You won't have to pay, but you'll need to download it.
thanks just did that. damn its 2GB just for this episode and it was 5GB just to install it first. if i had known it was going to be so big to download i would of just bought the retail version.

thanks just did that. damn its 2GB just for this episode and it was 5GB just to install it first. if i had known it was going to be so big to download i would of just bought the retail version.

Each episode is around 2GB (and you will need to download each episode).

The retail version is going for about $50, whereas the game is just $20 on the PS Store right now. Surely 2GB per ep isn't that much? What sort of quota do you get from your ISP?

I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood on the weekend, that was a measly 39GB! Still have 12 days remaining on my monthly usage and I'm not even at halfway though.

Each episode is around 2GB (and you will need to download each episode).

The retail version is going for about $50, whereas the game is just $20 on the PS Store right now. Surely 2GB per ep isn't that much? What sort of quota do you get from your ISP?

I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood on the weekend, that was a measly 39GB! Still have 12 days remaining on my monthly usage and I'm not even at halfway though.

Ive got unlimited downloads, im just fussy with my HDD space as its pretty much filled, and i prefer having a hard copy.

Ive got unlimited downloads, im just fussy with my HDD space as its pretty much filled, and i prefer having a hard copy.
Discs take up the same amount of HDD space as every game installs off the disc nowadays.

Just completed episode one. Really solid star and a lot more interactive than some of the other Telltale games. If they keep the same standard for the other episodes I'll be very happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back