Multiplat Batman: Arkham Knight

Bit late to the party on this thanks to The Witcher but am at about 25% and I love

how they are using Joker in this game. So seamless when he pops up somewhere to stir you a bit, incredible game design for an open world. Just did the airship part where you clear the room and try to talk to Stagg, then all the thugs you knocked down slowly get up and start changing into Jokers, just unreal

Agree with the general sentiments about the batmobile, fun for awhile but don't like how they've shoehorned it into absolutely everything.

Question for those who have completed it; does interrogating riddler thugs give you locations for all riddler collectibles? Or do you have to refer to a guide for some of them?
If you interrogate enough you'll get the locations for all the Riddler stuff.

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Finished it all except for the Joker puzzles (too friggin many to have me bothered). I really enjoy the story line, and having Joker dribble crap along side "Bats" throughout the game made for some good laughs. Loved the Bat mobile addition too, and especially when you want to get the hoards of thugs off your back

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Recently replayed Asylum and I was amazed about how much more enjoyable the Riddler parts were in that game. Never felt like a nuisance and I think I got about 75 per cent of them without going out of my way or artificially increasing the length of the game. In Knight I think I might have grabbed 40 per cent of them and actively ignored them for the most part.

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Recently replayed Asylum and I was amazed about how much more enjoyable the Riddler parts were in that game. Never felt like a nuisance and I think I got about 75 per cent of them without going out of my way or artificially increasing the length of the game. In Knight I think I might have grabbed 40 per cent of them and actively ignored them for the most part.

yeah I ended up with 40 done by the end of the game... I couldn't see the point adding hours of game play just to finish the rest

So because my Batmobile got cancelled I had to find something else.

This bad boy shipped today.

http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/The-Tumbler-76023

index.php

Last edited:
Just finished up the story, did the 'true ending'.

Really enjoyed the story and the surrounding matters,
The Joker stuff was absolutely outstandingly done. The scene in Panessa Studios getting his singing/dancing routine was phenomenal!

Overall however, I'd have this game probably behind both City and Asylum (in that order) for games. While I actually think the story was the best of the 3, the side missions were really quite poor overall and the lack of boss fights (which I felt City absolutely nailed) was very disappointing too.

On the side missions, I thought they were pretty poorly done in terms of the content involved. There were plenty to do, but when you're doing the EXACT same thing about 15 times it's not exactly exciting. The padding out with
Deathstroke
was even worse when they just copy/pasta'd the mission structure to give you another 20 things to do and then played the 'boss fight' out in pretty much the same formula as one of the
Arkham Knights 'boss fights'.

Thought the reveal of the Arkham Knight was quite well done overall.

So yeah, while I really enjoyed the story, I thought the game was mainly let down by it's other content. Still enjoyed the Riddler stuff for the most part on my way to collecting them all too, some fantastic easter eggs along the way.

Just played and finished the Harley Quinn DLC too, since that post...wow it's short!

I don't know why they ended it so soon, felt like it was just getting going and then it ends.

Loved the twist on the detective vision too, that could've been a really cool thing to keep going with.

Awesome concept and feel, but so damn short!

Don't even remember it it was that "meh". What was the detective vision like?
There were all scribbles on the wall, giving this great psychosis sort of mindset that Harley is in. Little scatterings of other text within that scribblings too.

Just feel that could've been expanded upon so well if there was a bigger or expanded version of the DLC.

Think I'm about halfway through the story - have been doing a lot of the side missions to prolong the experience.

Is it worth getting all the riddler question marks in order to fight the Riddler? Think I saw there was about 200 of them...

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Think I'm about halfway through the story - have been doing a lot of the side missions to prolong the experience.

Is it worth getting all the riddler question marks in order to fight the Riddler? Think I saw there was about 200 of them...

Hmm I'd say no, depends how much time you can spare really. I did it only coz I was off work for a week after an operation, the boss fight itself is ok, nothing that special. And you can just look up the extra few seconds of cut scene you get at the end of the game in youtube.

Hmm I'd say no, depends how much time you can spare really. I did it only coz I was off work for a week after an operation, the boss fight itself is ok, nothing that special. And you can just look up the extra few seconds of cut scene you get at the end of the game in youtube.

fair point, I still have the DLC to play too I guess and Fallout isn't too far off either...

Back